QC Associate Scientist
|Post Name||QC Associate Scientist|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Life Science from a four-year college or university is required.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 3000 To USD 4000 Per Month|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78215|
At VIATRIS, we see healthcare not as it is but as it should be. We act courageously and are uniquely positioned to be a source of stability in a world of evolving healthcare needs. Viatris empowers people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life.
We do so via:
- Access – Providing high-quality trusted medicines regardless of geography or circumstance;
- Leadership – Advancing sustainable operations and innovative solutions to improve patient health; and
- Partnership – Leveraging our collective expertise to connect people to products and services.
Every day, we rise to the challenge to make a difference, and here’s how the QC Associate Scientist role will make an impact:
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Testing of chemical components or products. Will involve the use of major laboratory instruments and equipment: HPLC, GC, FTIR, UV/VIS, as well as utilizing wet chemicals skills.
- Analytical review of data to ensure calculations are complete and accurate.
- Performs quantitative chemical analyses of APIs and related materials under direct supervision following established procedures and guidelines using laboratory instrumentation such as gas chromatographs, liquid chromatographs, ultraviolet-visible spectrophotometers, etc.
- Performs microbiological analysis as required.
- Treats numerical data throughout chemical analysis by performing mathematical calculations such as determining concentrations (molarity, parts per million, normality, etc.) and statistical information (standard deviation, mean, etc.).
- Prepares necessary reagents and equipment to expedite the performance of analysis by measuring and/or weighing chemicals, missing and standardizing solutions, and assembling equipment.
- Maintains accurate records by logging samples received, recording samples analyzed, procedures used and results obtained on datasheets and/or laboratory notebook.
- Weights and calculates samples in the physical and chemical analysis of products using balances and measured volumetric containers.
- Recognizes and informs Group Leader about daily lab activity and analytical problems.
- Organizes and properly labels samples, sample preparations, volumetric solutions, etc.
- Maintains area free of sample contamination restores equipment and supplies to designated area; participates in general housekeeping efforts.
- Must maintain compliance of the assigned training plan.
- Participates in the company performance management program on a regular basis as per the established policy.
- Within the area of responsibility, understand and comply with all DPT safety, environmental and quality practices and procedures as outlined in organizational/departmental guidelines and SOPs as well as applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Science from a four-year college or university is required.
- Minimum 0-2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
At Viatris, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, and an inclusive environment where you can use your experiences, perspectives, and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others. Viatris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.