|Hiring Organization||BAE Systems|
|Post Name||Administrative Assistant|
|Qualification||Must have a high school diploma with at least 3 years of experience supporting a fast-paced department.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 3500 To USD 4500 Per Month|
|Location||San Diego, California, United States 92113|
BAE Systems in San Diego, CA has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant to support our sheet metal department and all of its functions.
Within this role you will:
- Perform a variety of activities in support of the sheet metal department such as finance, purchasing, or employee relations.
- Gather, collect, record, track and verify data and information from multiple sources.
- Compile, review and analyze data. Uses software such as Excel to compile and generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence, and presentations.
- May design processes to enhance workflow.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must have a high school diploma with at least 3 years of experience supporting a fast-paced department.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel.
- Great communication skills with the ability to foster relationships with internal and external customers.
- Must be proficient in time management, organization and filing, and storage of data.
- Must be dependable with a high level of integrity
- Must be adaptable to a changing environment with the ability to work in areas of ambiguity.
- Must have a positive attitude and be motivated to succeed.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience working in a manufacturing or shipyard environment.
- Experience with timekeeping software such as Cognos.
- Experience with Peoplesoft software.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace, and security company that delivers a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions, and customer support services.
Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions.
As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few.
Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees.
And invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive.