|Hiring Organization||KIPP Texas Public Schools|
|Post Name||Payroll Specialist|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 2500 To USD 3500 Per Month|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77099|
KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio.
Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose —college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston, and operating as KIPP Texas, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering.
We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.
Provide Payroll Support to employees
- Answer questions and assist with problem resolution for employees and managers
- Respond to help tickets in a timely manner
- Data entry and maintenance of direct deposit, tax information, and garnishments, when necessary
- Enter employee data into the HRIS system (ADP)
- Assist with checking and balancing semi-monthly payrolls
- Run audit reports to verify payroll data
- Process Time and Attendance for non-exempt employees each pay period
Provide Administrative Support to the Payroll Team
- Answer employment verification requests in a timely manner
- Assist the Payroll Manager with additional administration of Payroll functions (Unpaid Leave, FMLA)
- Maintain confidentiality of information
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- English/Spanish bilingual preferred
- Experience with data entry and use of an HRIS system, like ADP, PeopleSoft, SAP, or equivalent software preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy required
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization and with external contacts
- Ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to interpret and disseminate information to individuals and groups
- Understanding and believing that Human Resources is a service role within the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Required Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma