Sr Legal Assistant
|Hiring Organization||Health Care Service Corporation|
|Post Name||Sr Legal Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60601|
At HCSC, we consider our employees the cornerstone of our business and the foundation of our success. We enable employees to craft their careers with curated development plans that set their learning path to a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Come join us and be part of a purpose-driven company that is invested in your future!
Under Supervision, This Position Is Responsible For Performing Administrative Duties Of A Complex/Confidential Nature For A Vice President Or Dsvp In Research And Resolution Activities; Performs Specialized And Confidential Duties Which Often Require Independent Judgment; Prepares Routine To Moderately Complex Documents, Agreements And Pleadings Related To Litigation And Non-Litigation Matters; And Provides Administrative And Legal Support To Attorneys.
- Prepare documents, agreements, and pleadings on litigation and non-litigation matters, including mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, and reporting. Coordinate flow of litigation transactional and regulatory compliance documents received by the Corporation to ensure prompt and correct response on behalf of HCSC.
- Research and report findings on a wide range of legal questions under the direction of an attorney.
- The request claims information and acts as a liaison between claims area and outside attorneys on pending or threatened litigation.
- Compile and assemble data from various sources and prepare regular and special reports; type forms, letters, schedules, lists, and memos; maintain office files and record systems.
- Prepare motions and pleadings for filing in court for attorneys upon request.
- Assist in maintaining the Legal Department library, ordering new materials, and arranging for payments to publishers.
- Record and transcribe dictation as requested. Master legal terminology typical of the function.
- Coordinate departmental requests and perform necessary administrative follow-ups as directed.
- Train and mentor new and existing Legal Assistants as needed.
- Open and distribute mail, track expenditures for outside attorneys, screen calls, make travel arrangements, schedule appointments, and arrange meetings and conferences.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, customers, etc.
- Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies, and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
- Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
- 2 years of college with 2 years experience as a legal assistant in a law firm, or corporate legal department OR 4 years experience as a legal assistant in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- 4 years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal department.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Notary Public and Paralegal certification from an accredited program or combination of education and experience.
- Insurance experience.
- Litigation experience.
- Verbal, written, and organizational communication skills.
- PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!
HCSC Employment Statement:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.