|Hiring Organization||Bennett Day School|
|Post Name||School Librarian|
|Qualification||A minimum bachelor’s degree in education|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 28 To USD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60642|
Bennett Day School, Inc. a rapidly growing private PreK-12 school delivering world-class dynamic project-based learning (PBL) in the West Loop in Chicago, is seeking a School Librarian.
This position serves as a curriculum support service to the teachers, students, and all staff members by providing access to library materials and information resources.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Design an accessible, efficient, and inviting facility for student learning.
- Provide group instruction and individual guidance to students to help them locate resources and use research techniques.
- Maintain an adequate system of records on all library materials.
- Interact with students to promote positive attitudes toward the school library.
- Consult teachers on the appropriate use of materials and help them schedule materials for classroom instruction.
- Serve as information resources for users of library/media center materials and provide staff development opportunities for teachers on the availability and use of campus learning resources.
- Manage acquisitions, processing, organizing, distribution, maintenance, and inventory of resources.
- Compile, budget, and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the library/media center program and make changes based on the findings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Excellent candidates will exemplify Bennett BADGE core competencies:
- Big-Picture Thinker; Adept Problem Solver; Documentarian; Growth Mindset; and Effective Co-Collaborator
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in education
- Master’s degree in library science preferred, not required
- Two to three years of experience in a library/media center in a school setting preferred
- Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with librarian endorsement
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of current instructional and curricular methodologies
- Must be exact in their work and be sure all details are done. Accurate records and documentation are important to the smooth operation of a library.
- Ability to instruct and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills