Truck Driver – Local Route
|Hiring Organization||RectorSeal Corporation|
|Post Name||Truck Driver – Local Route|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77039|
As a Truck Driver, you’ll travel to deliver materials to our customers, while adhering to and understanding safety policies and regulations. Top-notch customer service skills are a must. Experienced, safety-conscious, and customer-focused. The truck driver often works independently, rarely interacting with others on their delivery travels.
However, sometimes they may work alongside warehouse workers, who unload items into trucks in which drivers operate. This is a local route in the Houston metro area. The full-time work schedule will be Monday through Friday during regular business hours, no weekends.
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over to customers.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- Document and log work/rest periods and mileage spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Report defects, accidents, or violations.
- Experience driving a forklift is a plus.
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- Valid Driving License
- 5+ years of experience driving a delivery truck
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40lbs
- Able to work independently or as part of a team with limited supervision
- Hand Experience with Electronic Equipment and software (ie. GPS, AVL UNITS, CB, etc)
- Excellent English and written communication skills. Bilingual preferred. Spanish is a plus but not required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands and fingers to type or dial, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position requires computer use. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
RectorSeal, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of CSW Industrials, Inc. [NASDAQ: CSWI], is a leading provider of quality solutions for the professional trades serving the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC/R), plumbing, electrical, and construction markets.
RectorSeal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.