Delivery & Logistics Coordinator
|Hiring Organization||OQ Specialty Chemicals|
|Post Name||Delivery & Logistics Coordinator|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 4000 To USD 6000 Per Month|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77056|
OQ Chemicals Company Overview | World leader in Oxo Chemicals
Oxo products are the core competency of OQ Chemicals. We are producing more than 70 oxo intermediates and oxo derivatives for customers in a wide range of industries with various end-market applications.
Our chemicals are important ingredients in products that are used in daily life around the world. “We” refers to more than 1,400 OQ Chemicals employees worldwide. At our plants in Germany, the USA, China, and the Netherlands, we produce intermediates and derivatives.
Executes the day-to-day logistics operations at OQ Group Performance chemicals under regional Supply Chain scope. In order to ensure cost-effectiveness and timely management using vendors for exports of carriage, and contributing to the Global Supply Chain function with its goals.
Through the analysis and execution of local and international logistic plans, the organization of shipment routes in line with company/clients’ requirements, the effective collection, and verification of import and export documentation, preparation of international delivery schedules, and communication with clients to track/keep shipping records.
The position will act in accordance with the Group’s Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines, and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, and HSE standards.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Analyses and executes logistic plans and support
- Organizes all shipments in line with company requirements, as per priorities in coordination with operations and the Logistics Service Providers (LSP)
- Responsible for SAP daily transactional activity for terminals, Create Delivery Notes and Shipment Notes for non-SAP terminals
- Coordinate Order and STO posting and paperwork for physical/non-physical returns and replacements
- Reconcile month-end inventories for terminals / soft-close for terminals on a weekly basis, resolve any posting discrepancies
- Communicate any resupply-related issues with SCP as well as any process or scheduling issue
- Process, scrutinize, approve, and dispute resolution for invoices (OT, demurrage, detention, terminal, storage, and miscellaneous)
- Executes export documentation according to company standards and best practices.
- Prepares schedule and informs supervisor for further communication strategies to all relevant departments.
- Offers advice to clients on selecting optimum shipping routes.
- Produces required reports on activities based on the set suitable KPIs
- All shipments are organized in line with the requirements and priorities
- Export/import documentation is completed on time, and record-keeping is.
- The delivery schedule is prepared and communicated to relevant departments
- Optimum routes are analyzed and proposed with recommendations
- Logistic plans are developed on a timely basis and perform other duties as assigned.
Notable Working Conditions:
Office environment, intensive computer screen use, traveling occasionally
Required: High School with 3+ years of direct experience. Preferred: Minimum Qualification of bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Fluent in English and Spanish is a plus
Background and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years directly related experience dependent on education, preferable same role.
- Expertise in Logistics Processes and Shipping Terms.
- SAP Experience
- Knowledge of transportation laws and regulations
- ISO Containers logistics (Imports, customs, trucking, and warehousing network)
- Excel spreadsheets
Competencies and Skills:
- Aware of International transportation rules & IMO regulations
- The quick thinker is able to develop innovative and creative solutions to problems. Logical and systematic
- Dynamic self-starter with an ability to “get things done”
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
All individuals are invited to participate regardless of race, sex, age, color, national origin, marital status, religion, disability or veteran status, and any other criterion prescribed by law.
Check Out Our Benefits
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Health Equity Health Fund for health and dependent care
- Disability Benefits
- Basic Group Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance
- Paid Time Off for a balanced life
- Competitive salary, bonus, 401(k) plan with match and profit-sharing match