Licensed Vocational Nurse
|Hiring Organization||Spring Branch Community Health Center – Hillendahl Clinic|
|Post Name||Licensed Vocational Nurse|
|Qualification||Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 4000 To USD 5500 Per Month|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77055|
The Licensed Vocational Nurse reports to the Director of Nursing and is responsible for providing clinical guidance and training to Medical Assistant staff, working with providers to enhance patient care within the clinic, providing direct patient care, and supporting the implementation of clinical quality improvement plans.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse will provide comprehensive nursing services to patients including assessment, teaching, counseling, and prevention services to promote health throughout the community.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse works as part of a nursing team and may be required to travel to additional clinic sites to provide support to the clinical team. Occasional participation in community outreach events such as health fairs, and health screenings that may be scheduled in the evenings or on weekends.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- Current license to practice as an LVN in Texas.
- Certified BLS or BLS equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience in the health center or similar setting.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee inventory of clinical supplies, vaccines, and medications in conjunction with the lead Medical Assistant.
- Perform clinical skill competency assessment for new Medical Assistant staff and for all Medical Assistants.
- Creates improvement plan according to results of competency assessment and implements/monitors the improvement plan.
- Audit the completion of CLIA-waived lab control testing per policy.
- Perform documentation audits for Lead Medical Assistants per policy to ensure high-quality record-keeping.
- Monitors for improvement based on feedback during audit review.
- Perform and manage Patient Recalls for Diabetes, Hypertension, and Colorectal Cancer Screening per policy.
- Following standing order policies as directed by Chief Medical Officer.
- Support implementation of standardized processes/policies for all health center locations at the designated site.
- Support implementation of Quality Improvement Plans at a designated site, including participation in PIC meetings.
- Evaluate clinical processes as needed and manage the team toward efficient and patient-centered care.
- Knowledge of health center policies and use of electronic medical records.
- Assess, plan, direct, and evaluate total nursing care as determined by the patient’s age-related physical, psychosocial, and cultural needs in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures of the health center.
- Provide patient advocacy- acts as a resource and contact person for patients.
- Perform and documents patient history, assessment, procedures, labs, medications/immunizations, and plans as necessary.
- Perform procedures: e.g. medication administration (oral, injectable), dressing changes, suture removal.
- Utilize universal precautions in obtaining specimens (venipuncture, cultures, etc) and in the delivery of patient care.
- Triage calls or visits from clients and caregivers. Determine needs and initiate appropriate action such as intervention, and appointment.
- Assess the immunization status of patients. In accordance with written protocols, administer immunizations and document immunization records.
- Knowledge and implementation of infection control policy, procedure, and practice.
- Ensure that client records are kept secure and confidential and maintained consistent with policies and procedures and HIPAA standards.
- Lead support staff in responding to clinic/patient needs during these times.
- Stay abreast of changes in the nursing field by attending classes and seminars approved by the supervisor as well as reading professional journals and papers.
- All Health Center staff members have emergency and disaster response responsibilities: Participate in all safety programs which may include assignment to an emergency response team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.