Licensed Vocational Nurse
|Hiring Organization||SignatureCare Emergency Center: Emergency Room|
|Post Name||Licensed Vocational Nurse|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77006|
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and in consultation with the Emergency Room Physician, The Licenses Vocational Nurse provides professional standard nursing services. As a patient advocate, the LVN will also provide physical and psycho-social support to patients and families. He/she provides backup for the Registered Nurse as deemed necessary. The LVN will organize, modify, evaluate, document, and maintain the plan of care for Emergency Department patients.
- Licensed Vocational Nurse with current Texas license
- Minimum of 2 years of emergency room experience
- Current BLS
- ACLS, PALS preferred
- Strong skills in both oral and written format
- Must be flexible and service-oriented
- Problem-solving abilities with the ability to intervene immediately and awareness of changing conditions that may require additional assistance, (Critical-thinking)
- Documents patient’s current medication list, including name(s) of medications, dosages, frequency, duration, and start date. Administers medication and treatment as prescribed through written Provider orders, and notes procedures in the chart. Is accountable for own errors in the administration of medications and treatment, and will be subjected to established disciplinary measures in this regard.
- Performs EKGs.
- Performs laboratory procedures from specimen collections, as authorized and allowed by the Director of Nursing/Medical Director.
- Attends staff meetings and participates in quality improvement projects.
- Assist the Medical Director, Director of Nursing Director of Operations, and Facility Manager on matters relating to nursing practices and participates in the development of policies and protocols for patient care.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Accurately reassess patients and documents.
- Identifies and prioritizes patient needs and accomplishes them in an organized, timely manner.
- Collaborates with physicians to provide an appropriate plan of care.
- Exhibits high-level customer service skills, and anticipates patient’s needs.
- Places equal emphasis on quality and compassion in caring for patients.
- Actively participates in solving problems on the unit to improve process issues as well as patient flow.
- Provides for maximum patient safety always.
- Maintains flexibility in performing work duties to adapt to changes in patient volume.
- Seeks to maintain and improve positive, professional relationships with other nursing units and ancillary staff.
- Laboratory point of care testing and all CLIA waved testing approved by the Laboratory Director
- Follow up on all send-out lab specimens with accurate documentation and physician notification.
- Documents accurately on the perpetual narcotic inventory form, and report any discrepancies to the Nurse Manager immediately.
- Performs all daily lab and equipment checks for Quality Assurance.
- Performs follow up phone calls.
- Maintains the facility in clean working order in accordance with OSHA and reports any equipment failure or deficiencies to the Nurse Manager.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and documents accurately in the patient chart,
- Responsible for delegating appropriately to Radiology Technician, Registration Clerk, and EMT-Paramedic.
- Monitors supply every shift and reports shortages when noted.
- Reviews company emails throughout every shift as this is the primary means of communication
- Accurately documents any incidents and reports to the Nurse Manager and Physician on duty.
- Uses biohazard containers correctly.
- Empties sharps containers in a timely and safe manner.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the competency validation checklist(s).
- Demonstrates age-specific knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients.
- Ensures the privacy of our patients and the confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Meets mutually agreed-upon performance goals/objectives.
- Utilizes the nursing process for individual care to meet the needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Promotes and exhibits teamwork.
- Completes mandatory education.
- Complies with policies/procedures and patient safety initiatives.
- Performs duties in a fast-paced emergency room
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move using proper body mechanics and agree to ask for assistance if required.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit; The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must submit to random drug screenings,