Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
|Hiring Organization||Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment (PACE)|
|Post Name||Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 5000 To USD 5500 Per Month|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90017|
Ensures that children are up-to-date on an age-appropriate schedule of well-child care and provides expertise and guidance concerning the health and safety of the Head Start child.
- Reviews medical histories and maintains recordkeeping on ChildPlus and central files for all new and returning children.
- Monitors children’s immunization status to ensure compliance with the immunization requirements.
- Ensures that the Health Service Component is in compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards as well as with local and state health regulations.
- Participates in training Family Development Advocates (FDAs)/Home Visitors (VHS) during pre-service and other assigned training.
- Performs bi-annual reviews of children’s medical and dental records and referrals.
- Assists with linking families to community health care systems to ensure that the children will continue to receive ongoing health care.
- Collaborates closely with FDAs/VHS in maintaining and updating the Head Start child’s health records.
- Participates in Multidisciplinary Team Meetings (MDTs) involving children who may need accommodations in the classroom.
- Identifies and tracks children with medications in the classroom.
- Reviews and updates any Critical Health changes in Child Plus on a monthly basis.
- Works with the Education, Disabilities, Nutrition, Mental Health, and Parent Involvement components in order to provide a comprehensive child development program.
- Communicate with parents, FDA/HV, and teachers by phone or in person regarding children’s health or dental care needs or concerns.
In addition to the Essential Functions outlined above, job duties may include the following:
- Assists in accomplishing the program’s non-federal share through access to community resources (services, donations, discounts, and/or goods).
- Supports all recruitment and enrollment activities to ensure that all schools are at full enrollment capacity and waiting lists are maintained.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills, be a team player, a passionate advocate for the child’s well-being, be able to work with diverse populations, and network with other health and early childhood professionals to procure and provide needed health services.
Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Operating System and related software programs (Excel, Word, Power-Point, Publisher, Access, etc). Flexibility in the schedule for periodic Saturday training with RN Consultant. Bilingual in Spanish/English is preferred.
One year of nursing experience in community health plus nursing administration and supervision. Pediatric or health education preferred.
- Completion of a licensed vocational nursing program from an accredited technical educational institution.
- Must have an automobile with adequate insurance coverage and a valid CA driver’s license.
- Red Cross Basic First Aide Certification and CPR Certificate are required.
- Proof of Covid Vaccine
- Current and valid CA license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse. Must pass a Child Abuse Index and Criminal Records Clearance from the Department of Justice prior to employment.
Provide proof of the following immunizations as required: Measles, Pertussis (Whooping Cough), and Influenza.
The working conditions and physical demands of this position will be those that must be met to successfully perform the essential duties of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
The physical environment the incumbent will work in is typically an office environment with moderate noise levels that would be expected in that type of work environment.
- T.B. Test 60 days prior to employment, and every two (2) years thereafter (every 4 years for a chest X-ray).
- Must pass a physical examination at the time of hire, and every 2 years thereafter
- Provide proof of the following immunizations as required: Measles, Pertussis (Whooping Cough), and Influenza.
- Representative physical demands of the job include normal vision and hearing, standing for extended periods, sitting for extended periods, kneeling and stooping, manipulating objects with hands, reaching overhead, and occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Proof of COVID Vaccine (if not, must receive vaccine up to 1 month of employment)