|Hiring Organization||Flowserve Corporation|
|Post Name||Manual Machinist|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77008|
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 15,000 employees in more than 50 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Join a company with the most comprehensive product lines and broadest applications experience in the world. You’ll be part of a team known for its industry-leading talent, unparalleled portfolio, and unmatched commitment to customer success.
Our culture promotes recognition and rewards creativity, hard work, and commitment. We invite you to put your talents and experience in motion with Flowserve. Flowserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Flowserve offers competitive pay, annual bonuses, medical benefits on day 1, generous paid vacation time, paid holidays, a pension plan, 401(k), and many other excellent benefits.
NEW HIRES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A $2500 SIGN-ON BONUS! APPLY TO FIND OUT MORE!
This is a Level ll machinist position performing parts manufacturing at the Houston PMC for second-shift operations. Duties include following assignments and instructions from management to machine many types of components.
Must be able to operate the manual mill and lathe. Must be able to do own setups, i.e. cut keyways in shafts, drill holes on a bolt circle, fly cut plate material, and hex material at the mill. Lathe duties will require basic turning and threading knowledge, the applicant must be able to accurately machine and grind tolerances of .0005.
Applicant must understand proper tooling for machining a variety of materials including carbon steel, stainless steel, nitronic, monel, etc. with minimal supervision. A considered applicant must be able to interpret blueprints and able to work overtime when necessary to meet customer commitments and delivery dates.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the machining trade (Manual mills and lathes)
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to read and follow route sheets and blueprints
- Ability to perform general machine shop math and calculations.
- Must have the ability to read measuring devices such as scales, calipers, and micrometers
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience working with impellers and other pump parts is a plus.
- Experience with basic rigging is a plus.
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn new skills with a positive attitude.
- Have a willingness to work overtime and weekends when required to meet customers’ delivery dates.
- Have the ability to take instruction and work safely in a shop environment and around industrial machinery.
- Be able to work on feet for the majority of the day and lift 25 lbs.
- Be able to communicate verbally and in writing with co-workers and supervisors.