|Post Name||Administrative Assistant|
|Qualification||High School Diploma or GED required|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 20 To USD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10001|
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. The Macy’s HR team puts colleagues at the center of everything we do.
Are you passionate about helping people grow and develop? Do you love getting people the resources they need to be successful? With approximately 100,000 employees to support, Macy’s offers a variety of options for your career – from compensation and benefits to strategic business development and beyond! You’ll work with a team of collaborative professionals responding to the dynamic needs of our business functions.
The role of the Administrative Assistant who will support the SVP, HR Business Partner is responsible for providing comprehensive support with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
This position requires the ability to prioritize, anticipate needs, think critically, and be solution-oriented in a dynamic environment. This position requires the completion of a broad variety of administrative tasks that include, but are not limited to managing a very busy calendar/schedule, and assisting with special Ad-hoc projects.
Designing, and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations, collecting and preparing information for meetings with internal partners and external parties, composing and preparing correspondence, maintaining contact lists, making travel arrangements, and completing expense reports.
- Provide efficient and practical daily calendar management for the Leader. Prioritize multiple inquiries and requests while troubleshooting and diminishing scheduling conflicts; make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Keep the Leader well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and required follow-ups; anticipate needs in advance of meetings, presentations, conferences, etc.
- Works cross-functionally to organize calendar, complex activities, travel, conferences, and other activities.
- Provide gatekeeping role between the People Leader, Senior Management, and direct reports.
- Demonstrate confidentiality, credibility, and trust.
Researches prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Leader including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Composes general correspondence, memos, spreadsheets, charts, graphs, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, layout, and accuracy, making appropriate changes when necessary. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Plans, creates, and coordinates visual presentations, disseminates information, and coordinates mailings.
- Establishes, develops, maintains, and updates electronic filing/information storage system for timely retrieval.
- Prepares and submits travel reimbursement forms and submits invoices for payment.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high level staff. Handles confidential, routine, and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Exercises independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommending changes in office practices and procedures.
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 5 years of experience required
- Familiarity with a variety of computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database,s and presentation/visual software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to manage time well, organize and prioritize workload. Flexible, adapting to change quickly and easily.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, and communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business.
- Able to juggle multiple projects – can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members.
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.