|Hiring Organization||Skilled Craftsmen of Texas, Inc.|
|Post Name||Maintenance Technician|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77017|
- Troubleshoot pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Troubleshoot conveyor systems.
- Repair/replace/break down motors and machinery.
- To inspect, test, dismantle or install, and make limited mechanical and/or electrical repairs to all electrical and electronic apparatus, devices, and circuits of any voltage in the grating plants.
- Receives specifications and instructions regarding the work assignment from the supervisor.
- Analyzes jobs as required, plans working procedures determines the most efficient manner of making repairs in the safest manner minimizing interruption of production. Determine material or replacement needs, as necessary, and select a logical approach to “troubleshooting”.
- Takes safety precautions and isolates circuits for minimum interference to operations.
- Determines necessary tools and materials.
- Plans and performs work requiring a working knowledge of electrical principles, principles of operation, and application of equipment.
- Dismantles, inspects, repairs adjusts, and/or replaces faulty parts or wiring on a limited basis; reassembles, tests, and adjusts equipment for safe and proper operation.
- Installation of conduit, fittings, switches, controls, and fixtures.
- Performs work to conform to existing codes where required, as instructed.
- May set up and/or operate plant production type of equipment at any time for the amount of time required to perform work of a non-production nature necessary to the performance of maintenance duties, such as saws, lift trucks, edgers, serrator, etc.
The ideal candidates must have the skills, abilities, and knowledge to perform the essential functions of the job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years experience in the Electrical Maintenance Field
- Troubleshooting and changing out electrical motors
- Strong Electrical background
- Able to read prints and wiring diagrams.
- Able to read and interpret Electrical measuring equipment
- All types and sizes of AC and DC motors and generators, transformers, circuit breakers, various electrical components, circuits, conduit and fittings, repair and replacement parts, mechanical and hydraulic equipment, etc.
- Able to use electrical testing instruments, power hand drills, grinders, drill press, bearing or gear pullers, soldering equipment, pipe tools, miscellaneous hand tools, material handling equipment, etc.