|Hiring Organization||Gulf Interstate Engineering Co|
|Post Name||MECHANICAL ENGINEER|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 33 To USD 39 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77079|
Gulf Companies has served the global energy industry since 1953 by supporting the complete project lifecycle and developing valued business partnerships to ensure the success of the project. Our worldwide experience and multi-disciplined capabilities encompass all aspects of Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management, Field Inspection, GIS Integrity, Staffing Services, and more.
The Mechanical Engineer is familiar with multiple pipeline facilities and is qualified to handle small to medium-sized projects with minimal supervision. He/she is the primary producer of mechanical deliverables for the project scope as assigned by the Lead Mechanical Engineer or Project Manager. May give technical guidance to lower-level engineers. Work is periodically reviewed by the Chief Mechanical Engineer for the accomplishment of objectives.
- Prepares or reviews mechanical engineering calculations.
- Prepares or reviews mechanical specifications and data sheets.
- Prepares or reviews material requisitions for equipment, materials, and subcontracts.
- Prepares or reviews technical bid evaluations for equipment and materials in cooperation with Procurement Department.
- Prepares or reviews lists (equipment, valve, piping, tie-in, and specialty items).
- Coordinates or reviews PFDs, P&IDs, piping plans, and site layouts.
- Coordinates with client personnel relative to mechanical and piping activities.
- Reviews and approves vendor drawings and documents.
- Observes factory acceptance testing of equipment when required.
- Prepares or reviews mechanical engineering deliverable status reports and work plans.
- Ensures the mechanical deliverables list satisfies the contracted scope of work to be executed when functioning as LME.
- Open to both short and extended-term assignments to the site, client’s office, or similar as may be requested by management.
- Typically 5-10 years of experience focusing on oil and gas pipeline facilities such as
- Compressor stations
- Pump stations
- Metering and regulating stations
- Storage terminals
- Loading/unloading facilities
- Familiar with petroleum liquid and gas industry codes and standards published by US DOT, API, ASME, ASTM, and MSS, with the ability to apply the standards to facility designs.
- Knowledge of computer systems in an engineering environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- EIT or Professional Engineering License preferred
- Effective technical skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.