|Hiring Organization||Lone Star Circle of Care at Houston Museum District|
|Post Name||Medical Assistant|
|Qualification||Minimum of a high school diploma or GED|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 19 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77004|
Lone Star Circle of Care is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) dedicated to providing high-quality health care to patients in Central Texas. We provide a healthcare home for the uninsured and underserved and proudly provide the opportunity for our team members to make a difference in our community every day.
We offer you a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive salaries and a generous benefits package. Your benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 403 (b), paid time off, and training and development.
If you’re interested in helping build a healthier community and improving the lives of others, we invite you to join our team and become part of our dynamic organization!
Under the direction of licensed medical and/or licensed nursing personnel, our Medical Assistants participate as part of the integrated healthcare delivery team. They perform medical assistant duties under the direction of the clinic site manager.
Daily Job Duties:
Obtain, evaluate, and record patient history in medical file
- Obtain and measure vital signs and record information on patients’ charts
- Prepare and maintain examination/treatment rooms, including cleaning and sterilizing instruments, and inventory of medical supplies and materials
- Assisting the examination of patients under the direction of licensed medical and/or licensed nursing staff
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by licensed medical and/or licensed nursing staff
- Perform routine diagnostic and laboratory tests
- Explain treatment procedures to patients under the direction of licensed medical and/or licensed nursing staff
- All other duties as assigned
Ensure define quality metrics are met as defined by the Quality Council
- Ability to follow standing orders and provide treatments according to established protocols
- Achieve and maintain clinical competencies as defined by the Quality Council
- Staff Members and Directors shall deal with patients, providers, colleagues, and other internal and external LSCC contacts honestly, professionally, and with empathy, following the principles of AIDET (Skill at a Glance) and the Language of Caring Overview (Staff). Staff Members and Directors shall demonstrate honesty and integrity in all LSCC business activities and work schedules
- Following the principles of AIDET and the Language of Caring, Staff Members and Directors are expected to treat one another with respect and courtesy, understanding that each Staff Member and Director has special talents and capabilities necessary to fulfill LSCC’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Principles of AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduction, Duration, Explanation and Thank You) at all times with patients, colleagues, visitors, and leadership
- The Language of Caring skills are versatile life skills that enhance communication and strengthen relationships that apply to all of us, whether we serve patients and families directly, or we serve the people who do—our internal customers
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND LICENSE:
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association (AHA)
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND LICENSE:
- Medical Assistant certificate from one of the following organizations:
- CMA – American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- RMA – American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- CCMA – National Health Career Association (NHA)
- NRCMA – National Association of Health Professionals (NAHP)
- NCMA – National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Previous experience in an outpatient clinic
- Previous work using electronic medical records (EMR)
- Bilingual English/Spanish language skills