|Hiring Organization||Allergy & Asthma Associates|
|Post Name||Medical Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77024|
To provide quality patient care services to the patients of Allergy & ENT Associates under the direction of physicians/providers and the nursing staff. Supports the goals and objectives of the Company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Front desk reception
- Answers phones and schedules appointments
- Greets patients with a smile, completion of registration forms, and gives instructions
- Processes, codes, and completes insurance claim forms
- Uses communication skills with appropriate medical terminology
- Measures and records vital signs
- Interview patients while recording and updating medical information (history, chief complaint) and medications, etc. into the E H R
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests
- Provides patient education with regards to medications and instructions set forth by the provider to manage their health
- Prepares and administers medications with physician authorization
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks, and prepares exam room for patient
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Check and responds to patient phone calls (communicating with the provider on the course of action and relaying it to the patient)
- Review and prepare requests and prior authorizations for medications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program or comparable experience.
- One year of medical office experience is preferred.
- Current CPR certification is required. Medical Assistant Certification is a plus.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently
- Attention to detail is a must
- Professional, calm, and courteous demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Safety and Confidentiality – Follows OSHA regulations and the safety guidelines of the Practice. Follows HIPAA policies and procedures. Respects and maintains patient confidentiality. Use CPR skills when necessary.
- Organization — Uses time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities; is methodical and efficient in structuring tasks to be accomplished.
Professional Maturity — The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand. The ability to legitimately and objectively challenge the substance of our beliefs and biases of our observations.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others; the ability to shift back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information (such as speech, sounds, touch, or other sources).
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Interpersonal Communication — Writes and speaks effectively based on the psychological, relational, situation, environmental, and cultural dynamics within the situation
- Communication — The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate conventions based on the situation; actively listens to others, asks questions to verify understanding, and uses tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others.
Physical Demands: Anticipate lifting 20-25 pounds on any given day. Lifting up to 40-50 pounds may occasionally be required, depending on the specific style or type of care provided. In the performance of certain patient care tasks, the Medical Assistant may be expected to have sufficient manual dexterity in order to safely perform various skills and techniques.
Tasks and expectations may vary by clinical site and medical practice. Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner. May be exposed to acutely ill patients, communicable diseases, blood-borne pathogens, and airborne allergens used during skin testing and immunotherapy.
Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation; Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic). The typical schedule is Monday through Friday with regular working hours; Occasional overtime may be required.