Materials Management Attendant
|Hiring Organization||Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center Emergency Room|
|Post Name||Materials Management Attendant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77030|
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position responsible for receiving and distributing materials in the Materials Management department and for reconciling and maintaining related records.
Education: High School Diploma or GED, preferred
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- One (1) year of materials management experience
- Basic math and computer skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; Demonstrated ability and willingness to take initiative
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion, and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Receives all materials, unpacking/uncrating items, and verifies the accuracy of items received with the packing slip and original purchase order.
- Conducts research, follow-up, and problem resolution as required. Contacts vendors regarding shipping errors and any unacceptable conditions of items received.
- Documents requisitions regarding items received and items back-ordered; attaches requisitions to items and sends to appropriate department.
- Ships items to the appropriate department. Stocks and maintains backup inventories in the materials holding area, filling and distributing orders as requested.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff, and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity, and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.