|Hiring Organization||Metropolitan Transit System|
|Post Name||Bus Cleaner|
|Qualification||A high school diploma or GED|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||San Diego, California, United States 92101|
MTS is holding hiring events for our Servicer A (Bus Cleaner) position. Upon completion of the interview, successful candidates will receive same-day contingent offers. Servicer As (Bus Cleaners) ensure that the MTS fleet is clean, and ready to run, and represents MTS’s dedication to safety, cleanliness, and the community!
This is a full-time position starting at $20.00/hour with competitive benefits including, but not limited to, healthcare (*FREE until 2024), dental, and vision for you and your family, vacation and sick time, retirement plans, and wellness programs.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
- Submit your application online here: https://www.sdmts.com/inside-mts/careers
- If you meet the minimum requirements set forth for the position, you will receive an email with a link to sign up for an in-person interview
- Sign up for an interview time through the link
- Successful candidates will receive a same-day contingent offer of employment
WHAT DOES A SERVICER A (BUS CLEANER) DO?
Under the direction and supervision of the Shop Foreman and Manager of Fleet & Facility Maintenance, Servicer A cleans MTS Bus vehicles, divisional garages, shops, and office areas, and performs in-route bus changes. Other essential duties of the Servicer A position include, but are not limited to, the following:
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Vehicle Maintenance: Scrub exteriors, clean interiors including walls, seats, and windows, sweep and mop bus floors, spray for insects as required, and park buses in assigned locations.
- Facilities Maintenance: Ensure shops are clean using solvent cleaners, empty waste baskets and trash barrels, clean lavatories and replenish paper products, and remove litter from yard areas.
- Record Keeping: Maintain written records of bus mileage and cleaning records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT IS MTS LOOKING FOR?
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to back buses into marked spaces; ability to use all required cleaning instruments and components; ability to read, write and understand oral and written instructions in the English language and follow established safety practices.
Knowledge of or ability to learn MTS policies and regulations, ability to read, understand and apply MTS policies and regulations; ability to speak clearly, distinctly and effectively in person-to-person or small group situations using tact and diplomacy.
The successful candidate must be able to fulfill the physical demands of the job such as walking, stooping, sitting, bending, reaching overhead, and lifting (must be able to lift up to 50 pounds).
Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and perform tasks involving manual dexterity, such as the use of a computer and 10-key. Work may at times require more than 8 hours per day to perform the essential duties of the position and may require working in different divisions.
The Maintenance Department operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day; must be able to work on any day or shift, including weekends and holidays when required. Duties will be performed primarily in an outdoor and shop environment.
Must be 21 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or GED. Must possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license at the time of application. If the applicant has resided in California for less than three years, a copy of the applicant’s driving record from the previous state of residence must be submitted in addition to California records.
Must hold or be able to obtain a Class B California license and must meet DMV driving record standards as established by the Human Resources Department. California Driving Record will be required at the time of application. Janitorial and cleaning experience preferred.