|Hiring Organization||Pritzker Military Museum & Library|
|Post Name||Grant Writer|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in English or a related field|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60603|
As the PMML evolves from a private foundation and into the public charity phase of the organization’s history, we are looking for a qualified candidate who has a successful track record of applying for and winning federal, state, foundation, and corporate grants. This position will help open a host of opportunities to support K-12 programming, public and family programming, exhibits, collections, the library, and capital campaigns.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reports and works directly with the president of the PMML
- Assist with establishing and building PMML’s grant and proposal portfolio for future growth
- Work collaboratively with the Development Department where she/he can utilize the valuable and extensive networks of corporate and foundation donors in the Chicago area
- Able to network beyond the Chicago area and establish relationships with potential partners
- Conduct prospect research as well as write proposals and reports that will bring consistency, quality, and efficiency in our efforts.
- Can create “boilerplate” language which can easily and efficiently be tweaked depending on the prospective granter/funder.
- Will work with administration and operations to provide program and organization budgets in a format suitable for proposals.
- Assisting in the creation of support documents
- Can handle multiple projects at one time
- A natural storyteller and uses creative thinking
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Experience: required qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in English or a related field
- 7+ years of related experience in government grants
- Has worked in a not-for-profit sector
- Has handled grant proposals $25M+