Information Technology Specialist
|Hiring Organization||NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION|
|Post Name||Information Technology Specialist|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77058|
You will oversee information technology and digital engineering toolchain projects in the Engineering Processes and Methods Branch of the Project Management and Systems Engineering Division within the Engineering Directorate.
- Manage information technology and digital engineering toolchain projects and ensure scope and on-cost and on-schedule completion.
- Assemble, lead, and develop teams associated with the execution of information technology and digital engineering toolchain projects.
- Formulate, direct, and oversee budgets and contracts for the development of directorate digital engineering toolchain systems.
- Formulate, direct, and oversee budgets and contracts for sustaining efforts related to directorate digital tool systems including license management, patching, and upgrades.
- Assemble and lead stakeholder forums to ensure proper collection of stakeholder needs and provision of status to stakeholders.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify common solutions for incorporating needs and desires into the directorate digital engineering toolchain environment.
- Represent NASA as the customer of directorate procured commercial off-the-shelf digital tools and cloud services.
- Maintain a long-term plan for the on-ramping of the digital engineering toolchain into the overall directorate digital system environment.
- Plan/lead integration of existing directorate tools in a future-looking digital engineering toolchain environment.
Conditions of Employment
- Current Federal employees must meet qualifications, time in grade, and three months after competitive appointment requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
- If selected, you will be required to complete a financial disclosure statement
- If the individual selected is currently at the GS-14 grade level, they will be detailed at their current grade and step. If the individual is a current GS-13 they will be temporarily promoted to the GS-14 level.
To qualify for GS-14, you must have one year of directly related specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level
- Leading design, development, and deployment of enterprise architecture systems that deliver digital engineering and product lifecycle management solutions; assisting in the development of an enterprise strategic plan that meets the
business needs of an organization; identify solutions to simplify processes and unify work across the organization;
- Planning and delivering end-user support services for digital Information Technology (IT) systems and applications, including solution installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and training;
- Developing and implementing work plans, analyzing options, and overseeing resources, reporting, schedules, and
management controls needed by the Program/Project Manager (PPM) to achieve customer-desired functionality;
- Developing a long-term strategic plan that involves the use of emerging and appropriate technology that can be
implemented within the required timeframe to support the digital transformation of the organization;
- Proposing an emerging IT application technology to use in engineering processes/applications and implementing the
new technology to meet organizational requirements.
If you are qualifying based on experience, you must also have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are a current federal employee, you must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible for this position. To be eligible, you must have completed a minimum of 52 weeks in a position no more than 1 grade lower than the advertised position.
APPOINTMENT TO THIS POSITION WILL BE TEMPORARY, NOT-TO-EXCEED TWO (2) YEARS. This assignment may be terminated, extended, or made permanent at any time without further competition. If the assignment is not made permanent, the individual selected may be returned to the same or similar position from which they were promoted/detailed/temporarily reassigned.
If you have special priority selection rights under the Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must:
- Indicate your eligibility when applying for a position. The questionnaire asks you to identify your ICTAP/CTAP eligibility.
- Be well qualified for this position to receive consideration. Candidates rated in the ‘Best Qualified’ category are considered well-qualified. Please see ‘How You Will Be Evaluated’ for more information.
- Submit proof that you meet the requirements for CTAP/ICTAP as indicated in ‘Required Documents
Qualified NASA term employees who have term conversion eligibility (http://nasapeople.nasa.gov/hclwp/term-appointments.htm) under the NASA Flexibility Act of 2004 will be referred and considered equally with other NASA permanent employees under internal competitive placement procedures. This is a bargaining unit position. If additional selections are made, those positions may or may not be in a bargaining unit.