Paint Technician Prepper
|Hiring Organization||AutoNation Collision Center NASA|
|Post Name||Paint Technician Prepper|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 32 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77034|
At AutoNation, getting customers back on the road is what drives us. We’re looking for a Paint Technician to join our team. As a Paint Technician, you’ll paint various vehicle body parts in accordance with quality standards. Your patience and high-quality craftsmanship make you a valuable asset to the team as you ensure work surfaces are properly prepared, and your keen eye for detail helps you deliver top-notch work to delight our customers.
What are the daily job responsibilities?
- Assessing and analyzing damaged areas and preparing them for painting, including removing rust and grease, and masking parts that are not to be painted or coated.
- Preparing the color tint to match or blend paint color.
- Painting vehicles with a high level of efficiency and quality, using a sprayer or brush as appropriate.
- Adheres to factory and dealership procedures when performing warranty work.
- Operating all equipment in the Collision Center in a safe and productive manner, following AutoNation’s Safety Standards for the use of personal protective equipment (e.g., respirator, safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection) while working on the production floor.
- Inspecting the quality of craftsmanship, noting any runs, sags, or unpainted areas.
- Mixing all paint and chemicals according to manufacturer directions/specifications.
- Understanding and following federal, state, and local regulations that affect Collision Center operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA guidelines, etc.
- Gaining superior product knowledge to provide high-quality repairs.
What are the requirements for the Paint Technician?
- ICAR certification (preferred) or interest to become certified.
- OEM certification (preferred) or interest to become certified.
- At least two years of automotive experience.
- Must have a valid, in-state driver’s license with an acceptable, safe driving record.
- Ability to operate an automobile.
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development after success in a Paint Technician role. Future opportunities may include:
- Collision Production Manager
- Collision Estimator
- Paint Team Lead
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented. Career opportunities are dependent on business and staffing needs, as well as the qualifications of internal and external candidates.
AutoNation, a provider of personalized transportation services, is driven by innovation and transformation. As one of America’s most admired companies, AutoNation delivers a peerless Customer experience recognized by data-driven consumer insight leaders, Reputation, and J.D. Power.
Through its bold leadership and brand affinity, the AutoNation Brand is synonymous with “DRVPNK” and “What Drives You, Drives Us.” AutoNation has a singular focus on personalized transportation services that are easy, transparent, and Customer-centric.