|Post Name||NDT Physicist|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77051|
- Develop ultrasonic and electromagnetic inspection systems for tubular goods.
- Develop new processes and methods for nondestructive tubular testing.
- Design and perform experiments to optimize inspection systems and methods and conduct in-plant tests using phased array and EMI systems to characterize quality inspection process capabilities and issues.
- Work with electrical, mechanical, and software engineers for new equipment design, manufacturing, and testing.
- Effectively communicate results by preparing written reports and delivering oral presentations.
- Resolve any inspection issues that may be encountered in practical operations.
- BS or higher degrees in Physics, Engineering, NDT Science, Material Science, or a related field.
- Candidate must have the ability to learn new and innovative technologies (including their principles and practical implementations) and gain a good understanding of the latest development on NDT technologies.
- Proficiency in the development of nondestructive evaluation systems and methods.
- Knowledge and experience in phased array ultrasonic testing and/or electromagnetic inspection (magnetic flux leakage or eddy current).
- Good working knowledge of programming (C, C++ or C#, Matlab), data acquisition and analysis, signal processing, electronics, ultrasonic transducers, and instrumentation.
- Expertise in using signal and image processing tools.
- Demonstrated ability to perform analytical and laboratory research work.
- Signal/Image processing development expertise preferred.
- Highly innovative, self-motivated, and able to conduct research independently.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both individually and in a team.