|Hiring Organization||Henry Street Settlement|
|Post Name||Office Assistant|
|Qualification||High School Diploma or equivalent is required.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 22 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10002|
As the Office Assistant, you will assist in managing the administrative tasks within our 24/7 family shelter to ensure the program is supported on an organizational level. The successful candidate in this role will have a positive attitude and is eager to provide resolutions to daily administrative tasks.
This is a community-based position servicing the families of the Lower East Side and other New Yorkers. Urban Family Center provides transitional housing and supportive services for families, their children, and survivors of domestic violence. In addition to housing, residents receive on-site social services, including individual/group counseling, support groups, family case management, housing search assistance, and employment preparation.
- Schedule: 11:00pm – 7:00am
- Relief Position: This post requires the flexibility and dependability to cover a second shift in the instance of a call-out or no-show (face-to-face relief).
- Location: In person in the Lower East Side
- Pay: $22 per hour
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite. Experience with CARES preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact well, and understand the needs of a diverse population
- Professional, courteous demeanor
- Must have good judgment and problem-solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, and in a group setting
- Ability to process information and documentation confidentially
- Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish/English)
- Operate telephone switchboard, and take accurate messages
- Perform general office functions such as copying faxing, filing, and mailing all required documents
- Light typing and correspondences for the social service team
- Responsible for providing customer service to residents and visitors
- Responsible for sorting and distributing all mail and packages accurately
- Responsible for inputting all Residents into the ACCESS database
- Responsible for utilizing DHS-CARES and SORTS programs for residents
- Provide Weekly updates and printing of client rosters
- Log all client information into the CARES system
- Responsible for scheduling laundry appointments for the residents and ensuring accuracy
- Maintain resident daily in and out logs
- Function as liaison between the On call worker, staff, and outside sources.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining tracking data
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
*Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted
*Henry Street Settlement is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program