Sales Route Driver
|Hiring Organization||Hiland Dairy Foods Incorporated – Houston|
|Post Name||Sales Route Driver|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77338|
This position is responsible for the delivery and restocking of products to retail stores and/or wholesale distribution locations.
- Safely load, unload, and deliver products to each account.
- Drive trucks over established routes to deliver, stock, and stage products at customer locations.
- Set up merchandise and sales promotion displays and deliver promotional material to customers.
- Verify shipment accuracy and salable condition of the product.
- Resolve discrepancies and customer complaints.
- Collect empty containers, and rejected, or unsold merchandise for a return.
- Complete daily inventory, orders, delivery invoices, and proof of delivery as required.
- Perform Motor Vehicle Inspections on trucks to conform to DOT regulations and company policy and assist with routine maintenance on trucks.
- Exhibit courteousness toward customers, work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors, maintain a neat appearance, and follow established policies and direction of management.
- Maintain vehicle and hours of service logs as required by DOT.
- Maintain reliable attendance and consistent work hours
- All other duties as assigned by management
- 6 months of verifiable experience driving Class A or Class B commercial vehicle preferred.
- Experience in product delivery and customer service preferred
- Other Functions:
- Ability to read, write, perform basic mathematical calculations, and accurately record data required.
- Must be able to frequently stand, walk, kneel, reach, climb, pull, and bend.
- Must be able to routinely lift over 60 pounds and push/pull up to 300 pounds with a hand-held hook
- Must be able to work in hot and cold climates, both indoors and outdoors, and on refrigerated trucks.