|Hiring Organization||American Medical Association (AMA)|
|Post Name||Project Coordinator|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 35 To USD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60603|
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation’s largest professional association of physicians and a non-profit organization. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America’s physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
We continuously work to embed equity in our internal practices and are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff across all levels of the organization. We intentionally work to create the right conditions to enable our employees to feel that they can be their authentic selves and fully participate in the life of the enterprise.
We encourage and support professional development for our employees, and we are dedicated to social responsibility. We invite you to learn more about us and we look forward to getting to know you.
We have an opportunity at our corporate offices in Chicago for a Project Coordinator on our Education Center team. This position can be hybrid (working from both office and home), with a schedule to be determined by business needs.
As a Project Coordinator, you will coordinate and administer assigned projects and programs that support the AMA’s strategic plan. Must ensure the flow of timely and accurate information between internal teams and external collaborators, and contributes to the financial, business continuity plans, and other administrative responsibilities of the Education Center team.
- Develop timelines and advise on resource availability for current and incoming projects to provide input on feasibility.
- Ensure that task-related information and instructions are delivered to various individuals and teams; provide project support in a timely manner.
- Review and update timelines with team members to ensure all milestones and deliverable dates are accounted for, reasonable, and can be met on time; seek cross-team approvals and support if needed
- Produce analytics and evaluations as needed.
- Provide programming support and other assistance including budget development and monitoring; finance and legal requirements; and other tasks as assigned to ensure that project goals are met
- Provide planning and support for team communications, including maintenance of Intranet communications
- Oversee processes; develop meeting agendas, timelines, and work plans
- Manage document storage structure and implement changes and ongoing maintenance
- Document and measure progress reports for business model development.
- Support team-wide learning and development activities including monthly learning series meetings
May include other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- Minimum 2 of experience in an association environment, with a thorough understanding of project management, contracting knowledge preferred
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, adjust to changing demands, and multi-task across many assignments; detail and task-oriented
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including relationship-building; ability to interface effectively with people of varying disciplines, backgrounds, and expertise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and able to function effectively as a team member
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; experience with the following database solutions a plus: contract management, financial/budgeting software or talent management
- Self-starter with attention to detail
- AMA’s safety and policy protocols require proof of full vaccination against COVID19 for employment at AMA (including booster when eligible). Employees may apply for a religious or medical exemption from getting the vaccine.
The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran or disability status.