|Hiring Organization||American Red Cross|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree required.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60612|
The American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces helps members of the military, veterans and their families prepare for, cope with and respond to the challenges of military service worldwide – for life. Our Hero Care Network provides a connection to emergency communication and critical community services; care and comfort in military and veteran health care facilities; and family resiliency training.
We are currently seeking an International Services Services Specialist (Chicago, IL) to work in our Chicago chapter office. This position will work 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, and some weekends and evenings will be required during times of business need. Travel will also be involved up to 10% of the time.
This position will primarily oversee the Restoring Family Links Program, which seeks to reconnect families who are separated internationally due to conflict, migration, or disasters. Will work with local international partners to perform outreach regarding these programs.
Assist in the delivery of American Red Cross programs and services to meet the needs of United States military members, veterans, and their families in accordance with Red Cross policies and procedures through managing volunteers and working with other Red Cross departments. Provide support, development, and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures and other applicable Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Cultivate relationships and partnerships with external constituents in the local community, including government organizations, corporate partners, civic organizations, and other community charitable and nonprofit agencies with the purpose of furthering the mission of the Red Cross. Outreach includes command meetings, education briefings, presentations, or information sessions.
- Develop and implement a strategic volunteer program to engage and enable the delivery of all Red Cross programs and services on a military installation.
- Recruit and train volunteers in the delivery of SAF programs and services, Training Services, and Disaster Cycle Services, and provide support to Armed Forces Blood Services. Supervise volunteer staff in their daily work responsibilities.
- Ensure the delivery of core programs and services to clients. Supports other lines of ARC services. May conduct training, meetings, presentations, and workshops as well as scheduling, recruitment, marketing, and providing materials and support throughout the community.
- Monitor and report on service delivery outcomes. Interact with customers and other teams to obtain data to document outcomes and program results to ensure organizational accountability.
- Input and evaluate Service Delivery Data for consistency completeness, accuracy, and reasonableness. Generate data reports on a scheduled and/ or periodic basis for management or local command. Make recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure metrics are consistently met.
Scope: Individual contributor that works under limited supervision. Apply subject matter knowledge; requires the capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
Management Experience: n/a
Skills & Abilities:
Requires strong computer skills. Public speaking skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing are required. Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in an individual or team environment.
The ability to balance multiple priorities is essential. Experience with American Red Cross programs and services is strongly desired. Familiarity with military culture, regulations, and protocol is strongly desired. Ability to work on a team.
Travel: Travel may be required.
* Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to the description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment will consist of moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, and printers, light traffic). The employee must have the ability to work in a small cubicle and the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.