|Hiring Organization||Cal Poly Pomona Foundation Inc|
|Post Name||Marketing Coordinator|
|Qualification||AA Degree, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 24 To USD 27 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 91768|
The Marketing Coordinator will assist in the development of marketing strategies, plan, create, develop and implement a wide variety of projects associated with supporting the marketing objectives of enterprise units under the supervision of the Marketing Manager. The Marketing Coordinator will also design and create marketing materials to meet the enterprise unit’s objectives.
As the largest employer of students on the Cal Poly Pomona campus, the Foundation offers valuable work experience and hands-on training to approximately 1,500 Cal Poly Pomona students each year.
The Foundation offers positions in various fields; whether it is in the area of technology, science, retail, culinary arts, hospitality1500 management, leadership, or research grants, these student employees participate in Cal Poly Pomona’s learn-by-doing philosophy and acquire practical skills in their designated field of study.
The Foundation also contributes operating support to nearly 1,100 Foundation and scholarship programs every year, including Bronco Athletics and the Norman J. Priest Scholarship. In addition, the Foundation administers grants and contracts, contributes to campus security, and supports several university publications. The Foundation contributes over $1 million annually to Cal Poly Pomona.
SOME OF THE THINGS THAT YOU WILL GET TO DO (this is just a small sampling of work variety):
- Plan and execute marketing plans, advertising strategies, campaigns, and promotions for all of the Foundation’s Enterprise units
- Work with the marketing team in designing ads, posters, flyers and marketing materials, and logos by manipulating type, photographs, line art, clip art, design logos, etc.
- Analyze marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic, etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Communicate campaign deliverables, objectives, and timelines to the team
- Collaborate with senior management and maintain effective client and customer relations
- Plan and manage trade shows, conferences, events, and meetings by identifying, coordinating, and assembling requirements, developing assignments and schedules, coordinating mailing lists
- Monitor sales of all enterprise units and assist underperforming units by recommending marketing initiatives to elevate them to profitable growth
- Ensure campaigns are produced on-brand and on time to adhere to pre-determined timelines and budgets
- Design content both in print and digital formats
- Work with marketing student assistants and help with their goals, projects, and deliverables.
- Photograph major Foundation events
- Assist in various social medial postings as needed
- Assists the Marketing Department in the following specific areas – others as assigned:
- Lead brainstorm sessions, initiate ideas, provide creative guidance, and make strategic recommendations to managers and directors to support the marketing brand vision of various departments.
- Troubleshoots and resolves day-to-day issues or problems affecting the creative quality and delivery of campaigns and promotions.
- Ensure proper delivery of print and online marketing collateral to current and prospective customers.
- Responsible for the care and upkeep of equipment, props, and supplies.
- Assist with the development of videos. Includes scriptwriting, scheduling talent, talent releases, on-location filming, and ensuring visual standards are met (lighting, composition, focus, etc.).
- Must be able to adhere to a regular work schedule, occasional weekend work or late evening may be required.
- Professional related experience
- Experience with graphic editing programs
- Social media experience desired
- Previous marketing experience
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be resourceful and to take initiative, employ good judgment and manage projects from beginning to end.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a multi-ethnic environment
- Open to new ideas and adaptable to changing technology
- Detailed-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Manage time efficiently
- Capable of thinking creatively and analytically
- Familiar with diversity and inclusion concepts and best practices
- AA Degree, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Strong marketing and branding background
- Solid skills using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom, etc.
- Graphic design skills
- 1-2 years of professional related experience
- Photography skills
- Experience in higher education auxiliary services