Instructor – Nurse Practitioner
|Hiring Organization||Baylor College of Medicine|
|Post Name||Instructor – Nurse Practitioner|
|Qualification||Master’s degree in Nursing.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 5000 To USD 8000 Per Month|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77030|
Advanced Practitioner (NP) within an outpatient care setting at the BSLMG location. Support the healthcare system with the management of specified populations through independent and collaborative clinical management.
Minimum Experience: Two-Five (2-5) years of Medical experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective communication skills
- Able to facilitate change
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with the relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures the accuracy of recording patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Experience Required: None required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by the department. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.