|Hiring Organization||Virtue Recovery Center Houston Texas|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77071|
Virtue Recovery Houston is currently seeking an overnight 7p-7a Nurse on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for our nationally accredited, evidence-based detoxification and residential program that offers treatment and support for individuals suffering from addiction.
Staffed 24/7 by nurses, behavioral health technicians, and other addiction professionals with decades of combined experience in the treatment of drug addiction, alcoholism, and dual diagnosis. Virtue Recovery Houston provides a safe and supportive environment for individuals to recover and learn healthier ways to cope with life’s challenges.
Overview of the position:
The Detox Nurse is instrumental in guiding the patient through their detox process per the physician’s orders. They work to educate the patient about his/her condition and to assist the physician and ARNP by the accurate clinical reporting of patient conditions, status and proper clinical actions.
Virtue Recovery Houston is seeking an applicant with the following attributes:
- Military service (preferred)
- Excellent bedside manner is required
- Engages with all department heads to foster a collaborative and solution-focused team approach
- Creates a positive learning environment and shares expertise with other staff.
- Proactively communicates all pertinent information to relevant staff.
- Experience or intimate understanding of 12-step support groups and related core components.
- Presents as willing and open to identify and work towards professional development goals.
Specific job responsibilities:
- The Detox Nurse is involved in nursing assessments at intake and performs necessary discharge nursing actions as well as routine reports needed from clinical for insurance patients.
- This position is responsible for the proper administration, reconciliation, storage, and security of all medications.
- Administering prescribed medications, as prescribed by the medical team
- Making independent decisions within the scope of their license involving patient care.
- Monitor and record through our Electronic Health System all aspects of the patient’s care
- Follow Universal Infections Control Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Reconcile medication at the end of each shift which includes the responsibility of accurately maintaining logs of the distribution of controlled substances in accordance with regulation and State law.
- Ensures that during shift change the nurse on duty is properly informed of any information needed to continue high standards of care for all patients.
- State of Texas LVN/LPN license in good standing
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Detox Nursing experience required
- Experienced in administering medication orally, subcutaneously, and IM
- Ability to recognize signs and symptoms of withdrawal pain and of a critically dangerous medical emergency and respond appropriately
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to respond physically with swiftness to a patient emergency.
- Able to respond calmly and timely during an emergency or potential emergency situation.
- Familiarity with ASAM criteria preferred
- Familiarity with JCAHO Standards of Care for Behavioral Health
- Electronic Health Record experience
- Overnight shift
- Every weekend
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77071: Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (Required)
- LVN (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- LPN (Preferred)