|Hiring Organization||Salvation Army|
|Post Name||Office Assistant|
|Qualification||Associates Degree in Business Administration or related field, or completed certification in office management or administrative assistant, and|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, United States 75217|
Answers the telephone in a courteous manner and directs calls to the appropriate destination; records accurate and complete messages when necessary; receives and receipts deliveries and donations; greets and announces visitors and clients;
Provides general information about The Salvation Army’s operations and services; performs routine administrative work such as accurately preparing letters, memos, etc. and filing; prepares checks for deposits; prepares employment paperwork; records and updates statistical information and other duties as assigned by Corp Officers.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
Administrative Responsibilities (50%)
- Sorts and distributes mail; ensures all Corps bills are forwarded to the DFWMC Finance Department at least weekly; assists with preparing bulk mail; distributes packages, office supplies, and other deliveries to appropriate employees or Corps officers.
- Assists Corp officers in various duties such as; typing, keeping a schedule of appointments, screening calls, and taking messages and other assignments as needed.
- Answers the telephone and transfers call to the appropriate destination; front desk duties; responds to callers’ questions and provides accurate Corps information and provide any information regarding your department.
- Receives, greets, and announces visitors in a courteous and tactful manner; provides assistance to callers and visitors by answering questions and providing instructions and referrals; screens sales representative soliciting to The Salvation Army; notifies proper individuals when visitors or clients have arrived; ensures that visitors and clients have signed-in.
- Coordinates and books any outside vendors or speakers as needed for events; coordinates all facilities rentals.
- Prepares and distributes thank you letters and memorial cards for contributions; maintains accurate and complete records of donor contributions; prepares tax receipts as requested by donors.
Human Resources Responsibilities (25%)
- Prepares employment paperwork for new hires, classification changes or terminations; reviews all pertinent documents for accuracy and forwards the same to DFWMC HR Department for processing.
- Completes all employment action documentation for Corps employees including but not limited to a new hire, background checks, E-Verify, classification changes, and separation, FMLA, and workers compensation.
- Prescreens and interviews applicants for prospective employment; assist the Corps Officers with all aspects of the recruitment process as requested by the Corps Officers.
- Completes and submits paperwork for Christmas Seasonal employees to DFWMC Human Resources, ensuring that all paperwork is completed, accurate, and submitted in a timely manner.
Financial Responsibilities (25%)
- Copies received donations checks, completes cover sheet and lists all checks and cash deposited into TSA bank and attaches calculator tape for verification of totals; makes daily bank deposits and attaches bank deposit slip to batch and forwards the same to DFWMC Finance department.
- Assists with custodial, child care, and driving responsibilities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Materials and Equipment:
- Personal Computer General Office Equipment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, Lotus Notes, or similar software.
- Ability to project a positive and professional image of The Salvation Army.
- Ability to prepare bank deposits, count money, and review for accurate accounting.
- Ability to prepare correspondence, memorandums, and other documents for Corps Officers
- Ability to respond to and assist callers and visitors in a courteous and tactful manner.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or related field, or completed certification in office management or administrative assistant, and
- two years of progressively responsible experience working in an organization preparing bank deposits, secretarial work, and receptionist duties, or
- any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Valid State Drivers License
- CPR and First Aid Certification (or ability to obtain within an established timeframe)
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to read, write and communicate the English language effectively.
- Ability to sort documents alphabetically and numerically.
- Ability to drive a Salvation Army vehicle safely following all applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Duties are usually performed seated. Sitting may be relieved by brief or occasional periods of standing or walking.
- A limited amount of physical effort is required associated with walking, standing, lifting, and carrying light objects (less than 25 lbs.) frequently.
Work is usually performed in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
Statement of Purpose:
This document provides descriptive information about the above Salvation Army position. Work actually performed by incumbents in this position may vary. Although this document may be used for recruiting, staffing, or career planning, the information contained herein should only be used as a guideline or recommendation for the content of and qualifications for this position.
An individual’s ability to meet the qualifications and capabilities described in this document is not a guarantee of employment or promotion. The Salvation Army reserves the right to make changes to this document as deemed necessary without providing advance written notice.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
Your signature below indicates that you have read and understood the job description and agree to perform the duties as assigned.