Workplace Health Specialist
|Post Name||Workplace Health Specialist|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77056|
What to Expect
The individual will be responsible for managing work-related injuries and illnesses including workers’ compensation claims, cases related to contracted workers through temp agencies, and Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP) for a particular assigned business segment with a strong emphasis placed on employee communication.
The Workplace Health Specialist will support day-to-day operations and investigation by managing a number of processes: retrieving incident reports, reviewing ergonomic evaluations and Physical Demand Descriptions (PDD), OSHA recordkeeping, assisting with medical treatment authorization, facilitating a quick return-to-work plan, incident investigation, and analysis, data collection/entry, etc.
The Workplace Health Specialist will play a key role in case management operations and managing, tracking, and organizing documents from Medical providers, claims adjusters, and internal stakeholders including supervisors, EHS, and HR along with other external parties to aid with the investigation and management of incidents. A successful candidate for this role has worked in the insurance, human resources, safety, and risk management field with extensive experience in employee relations and communication.
The candidate must work well on both self-initiated projects and those driven by priorities outlined by management. The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her analytical abilities, organizational skills, and attention to detail and appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, recognized, and rewarded.
What You’ll Do
- Capture key information about the nature of the injury, including when it occurred, how it happened, and where it took place
- Provide weekend coverage for all of North America Sales, Service, and Delivery
- Provide assistance and act as the primary point of contact for injured employees including answering questions and explaining the worker’s compensation process
- Review and document medical records from internal and external medical facilities.
- Act as liaison and facilitate communication between injured employees, EHS, production, and HR
- Diffuse challenging situations involving individuals with questions and concerns related to workplace injuries, and escalating when appropriate
- Be the sole point of contact for the injured employee from the start of the claim to assisting the employee with the return to work process
- Manage record-keeping including OSHA 300, 301, and 301A logs.
- Evaluate the injury and assess job duties to ensure incident and mechanism accuracy
- Investigate and gather witness statements, collect information, and track data from various stakeholders
- Answer and respond appropriately and timely to email inquiries from internal stakeholders, and third-party vendors, including insurance adjusters, external investigators, and copy service vendors related to subpoena requests
What You’ll Bring
- Background in customer service including conflict resolution
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, preferably in Risk Management and Insurance (degree waived with industry claims certification or extensive experience in WC claims area, ARM, or CPCU accreditation)
- Microsoft Office skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Able to influence and communicate effectively with Supervisors and Associates
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quick, accurate data entry, and strong time management skills
- Results-driven with a strong sense of urgency and ability to drive results
- Service-oriented, treat colleagues as clients
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment where demands and priorities change rapidly
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need accommodation at any point during the interview process.