|Hiring Organization||Wynne Transportation|
|Post Name||Owner Operator|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77023|
Attention Houston & Texas Owner Operator Truck Drivers!
Over-the-Road CDL A Tank Truck Owner Operators needed to haul petroleum, chemical, or herbicide hazmat products at 70% of load revenue and accessorial charges + 100% of fuel surcharge or a Median of $5,800 Per Week to the Truck.
Requirements for an Owner Operator:
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety requirements.
- Must have a valid class A commercial driver’s license with hazmat and tanker endorsements with no current license suspension/revocation.
- Two years of current experience in the operation of tractor/trailer equipment.
Requirements for the Truck:
- Must have a current annual DOT inspection
- The truck must pass Wynne appearance standards (Truck must look professional to customers)
- Weight less than 19,000 lbs. with a half tank of fuel.
- Sliding 5th wheel plate
- Wheelbase not to exceed 280 inches
- Stack height no more than 13’ 6”
- In-Transit Heat
- Wynne can install an In-Transit Heat system for the truck(s). Installation and parts will be at the contractor’s expense.
- PTO system for product pumps
- Wynne can install a PTO system needed for the truck(s). Installation and parts will be at the contractor’s expense.
Additional Benefits with Wynne:
- Paid physical and drug screen (during orientation)
- Direct deposit available
- Weekly Settlements
- Paid Scale Tickets
- Pre-Pass available
- Escrowed or use own base plates
- Comdata fuel card
- Fuel discounts available at authorized locations
Electronic Logging System
- Navigation included
- No installation or upfront purchase costs
- In Cab Mobile Scanning at No Charge
- Physical damage and bobtail insurance are available
- Deductible reimbursement available
- Workers’ compensation available
- National tire discount
- Discounts on labor rates at Wynne terminals
- Vendor discounts available
- Wynne pays all trailer maintenance fees
- When using Wynne’s fuel card, fuel costs are deducted directly from the weekly settlement
- The contractor must have proof of Physical Damage/Bobtail insurance coverage
- Fleet Owners may choose and provide a copy of a Worker’s Compensation policy or opt to have an Occupational Accident policy that provides compensation coverage
- Either the Contractor or the Company can report State fuel tax miles at no charge
- The company will report miles if Wynne licenses the vehicle. (Contractor liable for all State fuel taxes reported by either party)
Why work for Wynne?
Each valued employee at Wynne Transport Service is a member of the WINNING way. From Customer Service to Payroll, to Dispatch, to Equipment Maintenance, our goal is to work as a team and make our customer’s experience the best it can be.
Whether you are a customer, employee, or owner-operator – we are all part of the answer. We care about our customer’s goals and needs and will strive to treat you as we would want to be treated – in a respectful, helpful, and pleasant way.
Wynne Transport Service Inc. is family-owned with over 60 years of experience. Located in Omaha, NE, we also have a full-service terminal in Geneva, Nebraska, and satellite terminals in Iowa, Colorado, Nebraska, and Texas. In our family are over 215 employees dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to our customers.
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in applying, please reach out to our team, explaining why you believe you are the right person for the job!