|Hiring Organization||BMO Harris Bank|
|Post Name||Associate Banker|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 16 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60605|
Delivers exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. Identifies customer needs and provides advice and guidance regarding financial solutions that are in the best interests of customers. Works collaboratively within the branch and with BMO partners to deliver the desired customer experience and achieve overall business objectives.
- Collaborates with BMO partners to identify referral opportunities that further grow the customer’s relationship with BMO beyond personal banking.
- Welcomes and guides customers as they walk into the branch lobby, and offers advice and guidance on available digital and self-serve options with the goal of making it easy, simple, and fast to bank with BMO.
- As a lobby leader, assists in conducting client conversations about banking services to recommend alternative banking channels and provide personal banking and investment advice.
- Meets customer transaction-based needs with seamless execution.
- Reviews customer profiles and engages customers in a needs-based conversation to identify potential opportunities and address everyday banking plans and credit card needs.
- Contributes to meeting branch business results and the customer experience.
- Supports operational activities (e.g. inventory management, escalated service requests, following up on customer applications, filing, opening, and closing activities).
- Acts as a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch and market team.
- Probes to understand customer personal banking and credit card needs and integrate marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations to provide strategic advice.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Takes the initiative to find creative approaches that make each customer’s experience feel personal.
- Looks for ways to contribute to the ongoing improvement of the overall branch customer experience.
- Contributes to business results and the overall experience delivered in the branch.
- May work at multiple branches based on market needs; work schedule may differ from week to week in terms of days worked, hours, and shifts.
- Follows through on risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers’ assets, maintain their privacy, and act in their best interest.
- Keeps current with the wider financial services marketplace, the legal and regulatory environment, and our commitment to upholding the highest ethical requirements of our industry.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal banking products, practices, and trends and integrates them into customer conversations.
- Identifies and reports suspicious patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Complies with legal and regulatory requirements for the jurisdiction.
- Protects the Bank’s assets in compliance with all regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps; escalates as required.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 1 – 2 years of relevant experience and/or certification in a related field of study is desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Canada only: Registration to sell investment products completed or in progress (must be completed within 12 months) – as appropriate for the jurisdiction.
- Confident and experienced in the use of social media, tablets, Smartphones, online tools, and applications.
- Some experience in consultative customer service or sales roles, with a drive to deliver a personalized customer experience.
- Basic knowledge of specialized sales and business banking solutions to refer to specialists.
- Passionate commitment to helping customers.
- Drive to deliver a personalized customer experience.
- A focus on results and the ability to thrive in a consultative sales and team-based environment.
- Resourceful self-starter with the courage and confidence to approach customers.
- Readiness to collaborate and work in different capacities as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and connections with customers.
- An aptitude for listening, solving problems, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges.
- Basic specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills – Good.
- Organization skills – Good.
- Collaboration & team skills – Good.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills – Good.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities, and our people. By working together, innovating, and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team, you are valued, respected, and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.