|Hiring Organization||Cedars-Sinai Medical Center|
|Qualification||Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy. Prefer PharmD|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 8500 To USD 9500 Per Month|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90048|
You’re exacting in all you do. Happily, we’re the exact same way. Make a difference in Pharmacy at Cedars-Sinai. Use your teamwork, expertise, and dedication to work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times.
As a Pharmacy professional at Cedars-Sinai, you’ll work alongside distinguished physicians, collaborate with those conducting groundbreaking research, and apply yourself using cutting-edge evidence-based practice.
Make a Difference in Pharmacy
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons it was recognized by U.S.
News & World Report as the 2nd Best Hospital in the nation and #1 in California. Cedars-Sinai continues to be acknowledged as a world leader in patient care, education, and research.
Our 886-bed nonprofit, acute, tertiary, teaching Level I trauma center hospital is located in the heart of Los Angeles. The Pharmacy Department has over 450 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via two cancer centers, outpatient pharmacies, and ambulatory care clinics.
Committed to the education and training of pharmacists, students/interns, residents, technicians, and other health care professionals. We are affiliated with several Schools of Pharmacy and offer PGY1 and PGY2 residency programs.
The residency and student experiential programs at CSMC continue to grow with every successive year, where over 125 residents have graduated from the accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency program and more than 200 student rotations are offered at CSMC annually.
Recently, CSMC was recognized with a “Site of the Year” award by two major affiliated CA Schools of Pharmacy for providing an exceptional experiential learning environment for their students.
Do you work well in a large team environment where critical thinking is essential?
- As a Night Shift Pharmacist – 7 days on/7 day off at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will be responsible for the nightly organization and supervision of medication management activities in their areas, including but not limited to the provision of clinical and drug distribution services and other duties as assigned.
- A 5-year night shift commitment is required prior to moving to another shift.
- The night shift position includes bonuses up to $50,000.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy. Prefer PharmD
- Completion of a PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency or equivalent practice experience.
- Current pharmacist licensure in the State of California.
- BLS certification as outlined in the Pharmacist Responsibilities in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation(C.P.R.) and Code Blue Procedure: Pharmacy Policy and Procedure.
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology as related to drug usage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of common disease states and pathologies.
- Ability to comprehend patient medical management plans.
- Ability to assess and apply current pharmacological and biopharmaceutical principles for the selection and use of drug products in a clinical setting.
- Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or other sources and relate it to the patient care plan.
- Possess the verbal and written communication skills required to fulfill the pharmacist’s responsibilities.
- Ability to teach and serve as a preceptor for training programs.
- Ability to prepare drugs needed for immediate administration.
- Ability to provide recommendations and monitor the use of drugs.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and standards relative to pharmacy practice.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to prioritize workflow.
- Ability to evaluate medication regimens to meet the therapeutic needs of patients.
- Ability to learn and adapt to the use of automated information systems in daily practice.
- Demonstrated competency in techniques of pharmaceutical calculations, compounding, and pharmacokinetics.
- BLS certification as outlined in the Pharmacist Responsibilities in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation(C.P.R.) and Code Blue Procedure: Pharmacy Policy and Procedure
- Possess patient-centered communication skills.
- Possess computer skills necessary to perform job functions.
- Exceptions are to be approved by the Chief Pharmacy Officer or designee.