Pharmacy Technician 3
|Hiring Organization||Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Uptown|
|Post Name||Pharmacy Technician 3|
|Qualification||H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 18 Per Hour|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, United States 75204|
Pharmacy Technician 3 leads in the technical aspects of the distribution of medications and related functions, with the ability to perform tasks independently and to maintain a specialized area of responsibility while aiding in the delivery of pharmaceutical care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs the duties of a lead pharmacy technician; mastery of all pharmacy technician duties and cross-training new hires.
- Maintains a specialized area of responsibility while aiding in the delivery of care in areas such as Purchasing, Receiving, Auditing, Sterile and nonsterile compounding, Billing, Informatics, Medication Reconciliation, Licensing, Contracting, and Marketing.
Supports BSWQA clinical pharmacists by performing medication reconciliation and formulary research for pharmacists. Also supports BSWQA Comprehensive Care Management Team (CCM team- Registered Nurses, Social Workers, Community Health Workers, and Health Care Coordinators) by fielding medication questions, escalating all clinical questions to the pharmacists, attending CCM huddles, and providing medication education topics for presentation by pharmacists or residents.
- Performs advanced inventory management (i.e. ADM optimization, ADM build and rebuild).
- Participates in education for pharmacy residents/students.
- Completes prior authorizations (PA) for HTPN clinics (e.g. Hepatitis C medications, rifaximin, and PSCK9 inhibitors).
- Completes renewal PAs for Specialty Pharmacy Fulfillment Service (SPFS) clinics, benefits verifications, obtaining financial assistance through manufacturer coupons, foundations, and patient assistance programs, and medication adherence calls.
- Assists in coordination and development of medication-related focus measure outreach workflows and acts as contracted payers’ contact person with respect to focus measures.
- Reports outreach results back to payers and department leaders.
- Enhances performance on Medication Adherence Measures through patient engagement and education.
- Coordinates the Drug Recall Process. Assists with special projects (workflows, training, events).
- Filters/distributes at-risk lists from payers to appropriate parties
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Expert understanding of Pharmacy Care modalities, terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, drug use and aseptic techniques, standards, and equipment.
- Knowledge of procedures and standards for the labeling and dispensing of prescription medications.
- Must be able to read, write and follow instructions and flow chart protocols.
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to follow established safety, infection control, environmental and isolation practices, and procedures at all times.
- Interpersonal skills are required to interact effectively with patients and staff.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: using required software applications, data entry, information security, electronic medical documentation, handheld scanning, and email
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION – H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE – 3 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -Pharmacy Technician (PHT), Pharmacy Intern (RPH-INT): Must have one of the following through the TX Board of Pharmacy:
- Pharmacy Tech (PHT)
- Pharmacy Intern (RPH-INT) Must also maintain PTCB/NHA certification OR possess an associated skillset.