|Qualification||BS in Pharmacy or Pharmacist Degree from an accredited educational institution.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 To USD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90035|
- Customer Experience
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues in a timely manner and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Develops strong relationships with the most valuable customers by anticipating customer needs and proactively offering services. Supports efforts on enhancing customer experience by increasing focus on healthcare services (e.g. patient consultation, medication management, drug therapy reviews, and performing retail, clinical, or wellness services such as immunizations, flu shots, and diabetes awareness) thereby promoting the shift of the pharmacy role from transactional to interpersonal.
- Participates and assists in community events as requested by the Store Manager, Healthcare Supervisor, District Manager, or Pharmacy Manager.
- Counsels patients and answers their questions regarding usage of medicine, side effects, interactions, contraindications, patient information privacy, generics, less expensive medicines, over-the-counter products, and refers to medical provider as needed to ensure medication is taken correctly, health needs addressed, and satisfaction with service.
- Performs pharmacist tasks including compounding, drug therapy reviews, verification, and medication management. Reviews interpret and accurately dispenses prescribed medications when necessitated by workload.
- Ensures the pharmacy operates in accordance with regulations, company policies, and standards. Assists pharmacy manager with establishing procedures that promotes the efficient workflow of the pharmacy including assigning roles, coordinating activities, and soliciting employee suggestions. Responsible for the opening and closing of the pharmacy and shift change duties.
- Ensures the use of all elements of the Good Faith Dispensing policy in conjunction with state and federal controlled substance laws when filling prescriptions. The Product Review/Retail Fill Process Pharmacist has the ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the elements of Good Faith are present.
- Maintains current knowledge of information technology associated with pharmacy systems such as Intercom Plus, registers, automation, and StoreNET to provide support to customers as well as pharmacy staff. Proposes and implements enhancements to pharmacy systems to further promote productivity.
- Ensures the accurate processing of insurance claims to resolve customer issues and prevent payment rejections. Follows up with insurance companies as well as medical providers and participates in 3rd party audits.
- Follows up with medical providers’ offices to clarify prescribed medications, dosages, refills, interactions, and allergies to suggest alternative medications, and answer medical provider questions.
- Performs retail, clinical, and wellness services such as immunizations, flu shots, diabetes awareness, and other preventive healthcare services.
- Assists and supports the pharmacy manager in analyzing performance data including pharmacy financial, customer service, and implementation of procedures for pharmacy asset protection and inventory management. Reviews KPIs with Pharmacy Manager, Store Manager, and Healthcare Supervisor.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with the local medical community including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers. Participates in community outreach activities to promote the pharmacy business and further enhance growth opportunities.
- Partners with Central Pharmacy Operations for customer registration, 3rd party reviews, and assists with resolving customer issues to support the Well Experience locations. In virtual environments, conducts virtual product reviews by following specific company procedures and guidelines (e.g. using specific photographs taken by the technicians sent electronically during the F4 process and reducing transactional tasks).
- People & Performance Management
- Assists the Pharmacy Manager with staff hiring and training. Reinforces the direction of the Pharmacy Manager in staff performance by coaching, and providing constructive feedback, monitoring customer service, and fostering employee development.
- Promotes teamwork and motivates team members by establishing expectations, monitors and recognizing progress, and fosters a shared vision.
- Training & Personal Development
- Maintains current knowledge and skills related to pharmacy and healthcare by reading pharmacy-related journals, company publications, and communications. Maintains awareness of developments in retail and management and pursues best practices that would enhance performance.
- Obtains necessary certifications, education credits, and training such as People Plus Learning modules as required by the Company.
- Seeks professional development by monitoring one’s performance, solicits constructive feedback, and leverages pharmacy manager and store manager as mentors and coaches.
- Supports the Pharmacy Manager and Store Manager by communicating relevant corporate health and wellness services or strategy information to pharmacy staff.
Walgreens, one of the nation’s largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise.
Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreen’s omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare clinics or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier, and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health.
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharmacist Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Current pharmacist licensure in the states within the district.
- Experience performing prescription dispensing activities that demonstrate a strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal controlled substance laws.
- Certified Immunizer or willing to become an immunizer within 90 days of hire.
- At least 1-year experience as a pharmacist in a retail setting including prescription filling and verification, records and legal compliance, pharmacy operations, pharmacy software, and technology systems and insurance.