|Hiring Organization||Octapharma Plasma|
|Qualification||High school diploma or GED.|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 16 To USD 19 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77093|
There are so many ways Octapharma Plasma can enhance your life and your career. Our strong growth is creating great learning and career development opportunities throughout our company, especially our donation centers. Because you’re someone who loves to learn, enjoys people, and has a real heart to help, we encourage you to join us as a:
OCTAPHARMA LITTLE YORK CENTER. 1541 Little York Rd, Houston, TX 77093 (off Little York and Hardy Toll Rd).
This is What You’ll Do:
- Performs venipunctures and plasma collection.
- Maintain compliance with SOP, current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP), and regulatory guidelines.
- Sets up and prepares all equipment and disposable supplies for venipuncture and plasmapheresis procedure.
- Operates the automated plasmapheresis machines, including response and evaluation of all alarms and machine errors, documentation of exceptions, etc.
- Removes and/or replaces equipment from service.
- Monitors donors for reactions and equipment operations to ensure donor safety and the quality of the product.
- Maintains proper ratio to ensure donor safety and quality of the product.
- Complies with federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety, and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
- Disconnects and dispose of all contaminated disposable equipment.
- Oversees and ensures proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work area between donors.
- Disposes of all contaminated disposable equipment and biohazard waste.
- Maintains accurate and thorough documentation of necessary records, including Machine Logs.
- Performs daily, weekly, and monthly calibration/maintenance of automated plasmapheresis machines.
- Ensures donor confidentiality, meets customer service expectations, greets and acknowledges donors, as they are assigned to the donation area and after completing the donation process.
- Maintains thorough familiarity with all state and federal regulations, standard operating procedures, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), cGMP requirements, and internal company procedural and personnel policies.
- Maintains general cleanliness of the work area to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- Maintains/stocks adequate inventory and replenishes supplies on plasma carts.
- Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to the senior phlebotomist and/or management.
- Performs other job-related tasks, as assigned.
This is Who You Are:
- Part brand ambassador, part clinical technician
- A person committed to excellent customer service all day, every day
- Someone with positive energy, always willing to pitch in where needed
- Understanding, patient, and genuinely authentic
- Able to function and keep up in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Hungry to build a great career
- Fearless Leader
This is What It Takes:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to work early mornings, days, late evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended shifts.
- Ability to lift up to thirty-five pounds.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to understand and follow protocol.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrates consistency and Reliability (attendance, attitude, work ethic, etc.)
- General computer skills.
- Being bilingual is a plus (not required).
- CPR Certification is a plus (not required).
Do Satisfying Work. Earn Real Rewards and Benefits.
We’re widely known and respected for our benefits and for leadership that is supportive and hands-on. Managers who truly want you to grow and excel.
- Formal training
- Outstanding plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Wellness Program
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Personal time
More About Octapharma Plasma Inc.
With donation centers and team members throughout the U.S., Octapharma Plasma, Inc. collects plasma to create life-saving medicines for patients worldwide. We are growing at an impressive pace, and so is the positive impact of our work. Our community relies on teamwork, compassion, and expertise to get things done the right way while making a meaningful difference in the lives we touch.