|Hiring Organization||SGK Inc.|
|Post Name||Photography Assistant|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Photography or related field|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 20 To USD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60612|
SGK is a global packaging and brand experience company. From idea to implementation, we deliver packaging solutions and brand experiences that give brands the freedom to speak louder, scale faster, and grow stronger. We simplify marketing and amplify brands to deliver value. SGK is a Matthews International company.
The Photography Assistant supports the photographers with end-to-end studio execution for a wide range of product types from food to apparel. Under the direction of the photographer, prepares photo bays through set construction, lighting build-out, and capture station optimization. Additionally helps to organize and maintain studio equipment and space to ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Attends any client meetings (e.g. pre-photo studio) or interacts with clients directly as necessary.
- Ensures high-quality standards in all Photo Studio client deliverables by supporting Photographer work.
- Provides support to complete Photographic sets for Photographic Artwork according to work order specifications.
- Coordinates with Merchandise Coordinators the delivery and return of needed client merchandise to the Photo Shoot set, unpacking, setting up, and re-packing merchandise as needed.
- Ensures effective and timely coordination of pickup and return of rental equipment.
- Ensures adequate inventory of film and photo equipment supplies at all times.
- Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the business; listens and values the opinions of others.
- Supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organization to meet the needs of the business.
- Supports Company’s profitability efforts by focusing on the efficient, accurate, and timely completion of the assigned Photo Studio activities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Photography or related field
- 2+ years of previous photography experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.0
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
At Matthews International, what makes us different is what makes us great. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.