|Post Name||PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT|
|Qualification||Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program located in a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 35 To USD 37 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77001|
STGi Offers Flexible Work Hours and a Sign-On Bonus
- Are you looking for a more balanced work life?
- Are you tired of the demands in hospitals and private practice settings?
- If you are a dedicated hard worker who is extremely passionate about providing healthcare services and exceptional care to patients, we have the job for you…
STGi provides detention health care services including medical, dental, and behavioral health to individuals in custody within ICE detention facilities. We are seeking Physician Assistant candidates for full-time and PRN/Per Diem healthcare positions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program located in a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory.
- Current, full, and unrestricted Physician Assistant license in the <state or commonwealth> of <insert state where the duty station is located>. Must be accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessors.
- Must have a minimum of one year of clinical provider experience in direct patient care as a licensed Physician Assistant.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers® certification through the American Heart Association®.
- Ability to pass a federal government security background check.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct care to patients within the discipline Scope of Practice and performs functions in accordance with current accepted practice, licensure, certification, credentialing, and or granted privileges.
- Provides treatment of persons throughout the life span as appropriate to discipline and facility setting.
- May be expected to respond to and or coordinate response to medical emergencies.
- May be required to see patients outside of his/her expertise but within his/her scope of practice.
- Completes age-appropriate history and physical assessment for routine, acute, chronic, and complex medical conditions.
- Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes and maintain balance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces (cement floors) for long periods of time.
STGi is driven to positively impact our customers, our employees, and the communities that we serve.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, and a PTO and paid sick leave policy.
STGi is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.