Sr. Physician Assistant
|Hiring Organization||Cedars-Sinai Medical Center|
|Post Name||Sr. Physician Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 9000 To USD 10000 Per Month|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90048|
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence.
From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using innovative facilities, you’ll have everything needed to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals. The Smidt Heart Institute is home to a distinguished team of experts who are setting the bar for cardiovascular treatment in the United States.
The Institute unites 16 centers and programs to diagnose and treat the full spectrum of heart and vascular conditions for all patients, from infants to those with advanced disease. Compassionate care is integrated with an agile research enterprise, giving patients access to pioneering treatments. Under the supervision of Cardiac Surgeons, the Sr. PA provides services to cardiac surgical patients.
In the operating room, acts as the first or second assistant, endoscopically harvesting veins or arteries for CABG procedures, transplant surgeries, opening and closing the chest, cannulation, decannulation, etc.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of all aspects of the work up and care of the patients in the unit including management of MCS and Heart Transplant patients.
- Obtain and perform history and physical examinations
- Record and interpret pertinent data (i.e., labs, diagnostic studies, discharge summaries, progress notes, etc.), including writing orders and discharges.
- Evaluate, treat and diagnose patients under the supervision of a licensed physician
- Write a daily progress note on inpatients, collate inpatient records and perform discharge summaries, using the electronic medical record.
- Participate in daily interdisciplinary rounds
- Coordinate ongoing overall patient care with physician staff, nursing staff, and other ancillary care providers to ensure treatment plans are implemented.
- Assist or perform bedside procedures within the scope of service.
- Maintain communication with patients and families regarding care
The PA will be working with a large PA/NPs in the team and will be responsible to deliver comprehensive services primarily in the step-down unit, operating room, consultative service, and occasionally in the outpatient clinic. This position does require the incumbent to work rotating night shifts (inhouse) and weekends (inhouse)
- Graduate from a PA program approved by Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation required, Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid California PA license required
- PA certification issued by NCCPA required
- DEA License required
- Current ACLS certification required
- Experience in endoscopic vein and/or artery harvest required. Radial Harvesting preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a physician assistant(will consider less experience as a Physician Assistant)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with cardiac transplant medicine preferred
- Strong intra-operative skills