Graduate Plumbing Engineer
|Post Name||Graduate Plumbing Engineer|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, civil, sanitary, environmental or architectural engineering|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 5000 To USD 6000 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10005|
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, advisors, and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigor to shape a better world
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Prepare drawings detailing the systems designed. System design calculations
- System load calculations to establish equipment size
- Report writing, writing summaries of the calculation methodologies employed
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineers of other disciplines, companies, and external consultants.
- Incorporate sustainable design methods in building
- Select equipment for use in building systems.
- Construction administration – site visits, submittal reviews
- Assisting and performing calculations for designing specific piping systems for a variety of projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, civil, sanitary, environmental or architectural engineering
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
- Coursework in fluid hydraulics/piping/fluid dynamics
- Proven interest in the built environment
- Ability to interface with clients
- Good time management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focus on long tasks
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
- The attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, creativity
- Ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work, and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the United States without the need for employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future.
- EIT/ FE certification
- Membership in ASPE, ASHRAE, or NFPA
- Courses in sustainability or USGBC participation
- AutoCAD or Revit drafting skills
- Internship experience in the engineering-related firm
- Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
- Proven ability to perform in a paid work environment with intermittent supervision
- Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
- Evidence of personal investment in the academic or extracurricular field
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day. Notable projects from our plumbing team include:
- Common spirit McNair Medical Tower
- Google Spruce Goose
- California Academy of Sciences
Benefits that Work -
At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal.
Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to a 10% company match to help you save for your future.
Flexible Working –
We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the well-being of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.