Public Relations Associate
|Hiring Organization||Group Gordon|
|Post Name||Public Relations Associate|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree required|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 5500 To USD 6500 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10017|
About This Job:
Our award-winning public relations firm is seeking entry-level Go-Getters/Gifted Geeks/Genuine Geniuses to join the GG team. Group Gordon works with clients in a variety of industries and issue areas across our corporate, nonprofit, and crisis practices. In partnership with our clients.
We manage the entire spectrum of strategic communications, from defining an organization’s public narrative to securing media coverage. Associates are hands-on participants in both day-to-day execution and big-picture creative thinking, in collaboration with senior team members.
We are looking for excellent writers, meticulous researchers, and strategic thinkers who want to use and grow these skills in a supportive, collaborative environment. Note: Group Gordon operates on a hybrid schedule, working in the office on Wednesdays and Thursdays when Covid levels are lower. In the future, we plan to work in the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. No two days are the same at Group Gordon.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting the management of accounts as a client-facing member of the team
- Assisting in the development and execution of communications plans, memos, and day-to-day recommendations
- Working with journalists to tell our client’s stories and build their profiles in the media
- Drafting and editing documents such as press releases, messaging and talking points, media advisories, op-eds, and blog posts
- Researching and monitoring traditional and social media coverage of clients, their competitors, and trends in their industries
- Building and maintaining lists of and relationships with relevant journalists
- Pitching in on office tasks, such as ordering supplies, filing, and working with vendors
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful and creative in research (from Google searches to deeper dives)
- Ability to take ownership and work independently while contributing to a team
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Media savvy, with a sense of what’s newsworthy
- No previous public relations experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Subsidized health insurance; annual stipend for health costs; free OneMedical membership
- 401k with company contribution and discretionary profit sharing
- Paid vacation days plus company and religious holidays, Summer Fridays, and your birthday off
- Quarterly self-care afternoons off; social activities like trivia, book club, happy hours, our annual PR Olympics, and other fun activities
- The group comes first. We measure our impact by the strength of our team.
- We focus on substance. We tie all work to our clients’ big-picture goals, combining strategic insight with a determination to get the job done.
- We hold ourselves to a high standard. We believe in the businesses and causes we work for and share a fierce commitment to racial and social justice.
- We never stop learning. We thrive on research, always think critically, and see roadblocks as opportunities to get creative.
- We are the company we keep. We all play a role in defining our culture. We motivate each other, value our lives outside of work, and make GG a company we’re proud to work for.