|Post Name||Procurement Specialist|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77064|
GoExpedi is hiring!
The Procurement Specialist will support the company’s Supply Chain department in the purchasing of goods from vendors. This role is critical to GoExpedi’s success in monitoring spending levels, inventory levels, and communication with the operations team.
It is worth noting that GoExpedi runs in a no-to-low inventory model, so this position will be responsible for real-time procurement, making this a very fast-paced role.
- Ensure Purchase Order dates are maintained in the ERP system. Communicate timely and current information regarding material availability to internal Operations and Sales teams.
- Manages purchase order execution and product delivery, including coordinating logistics requirements to ensure on-time delivery
- Supporting delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction for designated suppliers
- Expedite the filling of orders to meet customer demands
- Coordinates with other functional team members in resolving issues that may arise during purchase order life cycle management
- Responsible for ensuring purchase orders and supplier invoices correlate and are compliant with Company requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring supplier invoices are approved in a timely manner and paid according to agreed vendor terms.
- Maintains adequate purchasing records
- Monitors the Purchase Order receipt process and ensures Purchase Orders are appropriately paid and closed
- Handle vendor queries relating to the terms of purchase orders
- Maintain regular and open communications with internal customers while resolving day-to-day problems.
- Assist Senior Buyers in placing purchase orders, canceling orders, expediting orders, and confirming orders.
- All other work as assigned by the manager
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with all company policies, procedures, and rules and ensures compliance with all requirements
- 1 – 3 years of progressive experience working within a procurement environment or a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management
- Managing and expediting orders placed with designated third-party suppliers
- Demonstrate good diplomacy, negotiation, and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office, including being able to manipulate data in Excel
We are transforming an industry and actively seeking talented professionals with diverse backgrounds like you. At GoExpedi, we recognize and value each other’s differences as well as our combined strengths.
We cultivate a work environment that supports creative thinking, inspires the formation of new ideas, encourages communication with all levels of the organization, and promotes contribution and ownership.
Do you want to help us disrupt the industry with innovation? Are you inventive, bright, and determined? If you answered yes to all of these, GoExpedi may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!