|Hiring Organization||Minnesota Public Radio|
|Post Name||Production Assistant|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 21 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Who We Are:
It’s an exciting time to join Marketplace. We are an industry leader in telling meaningful and creative stories on the radio with close to 13 million listeners, and we’re evolving into a multi-media enterprise centered around the ambition of raising the economic intelligence of all Americans.
The marketplace is an ambitious shop, fueled by ambitious ideas. This is a place of creativity and unorthodox thinking. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, even though we understand the critical importance of people understanding how the economy shapes the world around us.
The Production Assistant assists the Producers and Host of Marketplace Tech in a wide range of editorial, broadcast, and podcast production tasks. This is a temporary six-month position.
- Research, contact, book, and pre-interview guests for hosts.
- Conduct research as assigned.
- Assist in editing copy and cutting audio.
- Contribute ideas for stories.
- Write promotional and digital copy.
- Perform routine production-related tasks as assigned.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Internship or classes in the field.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of audio editing software
- Good, fast writing skills.
- Working knowledge of audio equipment use.
- Good research skills and experience.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of PC-based word processing software.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Critical reading and listening skills are required.
- Solid writing and research skills
- Ongoing familiarity with tech news
- Understanding of the needs of broadcast deadlines.
- Works well with a team, takes instructions, and is a self-starter.
Reporting To This Position:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands:
- Required sit for extended periods of time
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply