|Post Name||Project Manager|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems/Computer Science preferred or commensurate relevant work experience|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 35 To USD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77046|
Invesco is one of the world’s leading global investment managers with more than 8,000 employees worldwide dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life! We are purely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive, and alternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customized solutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark.
Plan, organize, and motivate project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value! Manage several concurrent IT projects using agile and/or waterfall methods in a fast-paced environment crossing multiple business divisions. Lead and manage large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of cross-regional IT teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the IT
At a team level, play a consultative role to put in place the appropriate people, processes, and tools along with coaching team members to optimize efficiency. Use good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach suitable to achieve the project goals within designated constraints.
Use a high level of knowledge to blend traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects as well as provide a balance of agility and predictability.
You will be responsible for:
- Gathering and analyzing existing business processes in order to make recommendations for improvement
- Providing business analysis during all phases of a project
- Analyzing, and documenting requirements for enhancements to systems and processes including investigation of third-party vendors
- Clearly documenting solutions and recommendations to business problems
- Reviewing requirements and designs with relevant stakeholders to obtain agreement and sign off of proposals
- Creating cost and time estimates along with project plans to enable prioritization and execution of work
- Assisting and/or coordinating user testing, ensuring issues are resolved appropriately
- Assisting in the design and implementation of ongoing support arrangements for delivered systems
- Working as part of a project team, reporting progress and escalating issues ensuring successful completion
- Providing post-implementation support and adhering to standards set by the Invesco project methodology
The experience you bring:
- Experience working with global teams across multiple time zones and remote locations
- Experience with workflow and automation tools like Appian and Blue Prism preferred
- Experience within the investments industry preferred
- Experience creating detailed cost/benefit analyses preferred
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS) preferred
- Knowledge of process documentation and testing tools
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment required
- Experience with business intelligence reporting tools preferred (PowerBI, Tableau)
- Excellent verbal and written skills (including process flowcharting and formal business solutions documents)
- Structured, disciplined approach to work, with attention to detail good inter-personal skills combined with a willingness to listen
- Ability to analyze requirements and problems and to propose innovative but workable solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems/Computer Science preferred or commensurate relevant work experience
- Formal business analysis training and/or qualification preferred
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
All Invesco employees are subject to Invesco’s COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY FOR EMPLOYEES, which provides that employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An exemption may be granted based on a medical contraindication or sincerely held religious belief.
Fully vaccinated means that an individual has received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that has received Emergency Use Authorization or full approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and that it has been at least two weeks since the final recommended dose.
Invesco’s culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
The Good Stuff
- Smart working policy
- Parental leave for mothers and fathers
- Competitive health and wellness benefits
- Retirement savings