|Hiring Organization||Extra Space Storage|
|Post Name||Property Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 22 To USD 29 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10037|
At Extra Space Storage, if it matters to you, it matters to us! Fast-paced and collaborative company with over 1,400 stores (and growing) seeks career-oriented, success-driven, passionate, intelligent, and fun Property Managers for challenges, success, and career growth!
Does this sound to you like a great match? If so, we’re looking for YOU! Is your enthusiasm and passion for helping people contagious? Why not bring them to a new workplace where you can really make your mark?
If you enjoy working with other highly engaged people, a culture that embraces innovation, delivering world-class customer service, and the opportunity to grow your career – then Extra Space Storage is the place for you!
At Extra Space Storage, the Property Manager is critical in creating a welcoming environment, creating the cleanest locations in the industry, identifying customer needs, and exceeding their expectations.
Extra Space Storage seeks employees that have entrepreneurial, can-do, positive attitudes, adaptability to change, and integrity. If you possess these qualities and want to join a dynamic, growing organization, then we are excited to hear from you!
- The Property Manager works and directs Maintenance Workers at his/her site.
- The Property Manager manages and directs at least four or more other full-time employees at his or her site and possibly other sites within the district.
- The Property Manager will be expected to participate in the interviewing and the recommendation of hiring employees for his or her site. The Property Manager will partner with the District Manager to make recommendations for employees’ career growth or any other performance-related issues, including annual reviews.
- As a Property Manager, you’ll work alongside your team to maximize sales objectives with each prospective customer via the phone, web, or in person at your location.
- You will have the opportunity to recommend and implement marketing strategies based on competitor information and your own great ideas.
- Our team members consistently practice exceptional customer service by welcoming future and current customers in a friendly, enthusiastic, and professional manner.
- Property Managers work with customers to identify their needs and provide solutions that will contribute to their storage experience.
- It is retail, so you will get the chance to sell/upsell high-quality retail merchandise such as boxes, locks, tape, and other moving supplies.
- Our team members enjoy working outdoors. When not taking care of customers in the office, our Store Managers spend approximately 50% of their time walking and tending to the property to ensure the facility is kept to the highest cleanliness standards. This includes cleaning units, sweeping, mopping, changing light bulbs, and other general maintenance duties.
- Successful Property Managers need to be able to perform at a high level without constant supervision but also thrive in a team environment.
- Our customers are important. You will get to build a loyal customer base by creating great customer experiences and exceeding customer expectations.
- As a Property Manager, you will manage the day-to-day operations of the business and provide mentoring opportunities to assistant managers.
- A High School diploma or GED equivalent. Preference is given for college work or degrees.
- Three years of related experience and/or training in direct sales, retail, and/or customer service is required.
- Leadership skills and experience supervising others are also required.
- Common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems, new challenges, and change are necessary.
We are a dynamic growing company with competitive pay and benefits. We have a great culture and rewarding work environment with the opportunity for advancement.
Note: If you have experience working in any of the following areas, we encourage you to apply: retail, sales associate, customer service, retail jobs, assistant manager, retail sales, retail store, retail management, retail industry, 5-star customer service, sales.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.