Railroad TC Technician
|Hiring Organization||RoadSafe Traffic Systems|
|Post Name||Railroad TC Technician|
|Qualification||Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent),|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 18 To 22 USD Per Hour|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, United States 77396|
RoadSafe Traffic Systems (‘RoadSafe’) is the largest provider of traffic control and pavement marking services in the United States. Our national network of 50 branches supports government, private, special event, utility, and railroad projects in over 40 states.
Expert knowledge of traffic control and roadway striping coupled with a unique ability to quickly mobilize our extensive fleet, state-of-the-art equipment, and trained technicians allows RoadSafe to safely provide quality, value, and peace of mind to our customers nationwide.
RoadSafe enjoys exclusive contract agreements with some of the United States’ biggest industrial companies and contractors. Known for our sophistication and professionalism, RoadSafe is called upon to handle the biggest and best projects in our industry.
At RoadSafe, we offer competitive pay, growth potential, and an excellent benefits package for those who qualify including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) plans. RoadSafe recognizes and values diversity.
Position Summary: Completes operations of assigned traffic control/safety projects setting up and taking down lane closures. Takes direction from the prime contractor, as it relates to project work. Performs lane closures on state highways and other roadways.
Redirect traffic for workers or survey crews. Work independently or as part of a traffic control crew. Assemble, deliver, and pick up safety products from job sites. This position reports to the branch manager and crew leader.
- Position temporary work zones utilizing warning signs, traffic cones, barrels, etc. according to regulatory requirements.
- Load and unload work zone equipment, sometimes weighing up to 50 pounds, to/from the company vehicle.
- Drive the company vehicle to and from job sites in a safe manner.
- Stand and safely manage traffic control through active work zones while grasping a stop/slow paddle and utilizing radio communication.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Keep company vehicles clean and orderly, informing management of any safety concerns or vehicle problems.
- Comply with all RoadSafe Traffic Systems policies, procedures, and safety requirements.
- Drive MOT (Management of Traffic) vehicle to and from the project and on the work site.
Place an arrow board or variable message board in the work area.
- Check work zone throughout shift to be sure items are still in their proper location.
- Pick up traffic control items at the beginning and end of the shift and load them into the truck.
- Drive TMA (Truck Mounted Attenuator) vehicle to and from the project and on the work site to protect workers and the work zone.
- Install, remove and reset delineators, signs, posts, and supports.
- Shop work which may include general maintenance and repair of equipment.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent),
- Must have a valid Driver’s License required to operate company trucks.
- Basic reading/writing ability to comply with road signs, complete paperwork, and knowledge of federal motor carrier safety regulations is also required.
- Candidates must possess good knowledge of state and local roadways and have experience with operating delivery vehicles of varying sizes.
- The ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds for long periods of time and knowledge of safety procedures for securing and transporting cargo is essential.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing flagging job duties
Previous experience in traffic control setups is a plus.
- Certification (from ATSSA) as Worksite Traffic Technician or Supervisor is highly preferred
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to pass MVR as well as a driving test.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check, and drug test and meet federal DOT requirements.
- Must be willing to travel to project sites
- Must be willing to be on a rotating on-call schedule
- Must have some mechanical background/experience
- We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action