|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77015|
This Recruiting Team Member will support Watco’s Division A at the Greens Port Industrial Park by working alongside Managers to help grow their teams through excellent people and culture. Building quality relationships, communication, and the ability to adapt are essential for success.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Create a customized and innovative sourcing strategy to attract passive job seekers.
- Generate local advertising to attract more qualified applicants.
- Research sourcing costs to get approval for your sourcing strategy.
- Review your sourcing strategy with your hiring managers and People Services (HR) managers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to perform searches for qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, cold calls, media, and referrals.
- Implement and plan to hire events that are in local markets that will generate more qualified candidates.
- Provide creative solutions for hard-to-find positions.
Initial Candidate Discussions
- Work with hiring managers and interview teams to ensure job requirements and descriptions are accurate and that we know their future hiring and business needs.
- Managing your applicant database to track accurately the candidate and hiring manager.
- Conduct initial discussions with applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, and skillsets, keeping in mind our company culture to find candidates who embody born competencies such as trust, integrity, humility, motivation, and service orientation.
- Ensure that all discussion notes are accurately documented in our Applicant Tracking System, which is Success Factors.
- Provide discussion notes to each hiring manager to present top-quality candidates.
- Schedule for in-house and external interviews.
- Provide travel arrangements as necessary.
- Drive the interview process to ensure a timely offer by desired hire date.
Follow up duties
- Regular follow-up with the respective hiring managers and candidates to ensure the timeliness of the recruiting process.
- Creating offer letters for the hiring manager to present to the final candidate.
- Completing final closing-out activities in the ATS to ensure all candidates have been properly notified of their application status.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Actively participate in all staffing-related activities and engage in cross-functional projects.
- A four-year college degree is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and customer service skills.
- Light industrial or transportation recruiting is preferred.
- Ability to travel
- Demonstrated knowledge of Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and ATS.
- Attention to detail.
- Sense of urgency as well as the ability to work and excel in a fast-paced environment.