Senior Refinery Optimizer
|Hiring Organization||CITGO Petroleum Corporation|
|Post Name||Senior Refinery Optimizer|
|Qualification||College Degree (Bachelors Level) in Chemical Engineering.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 32 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77077|
Our Favorite CITGO Perks are:
- Remote Work options available for eligible positions
- Options are department and/or location specific
- 9/80 Work Schedule Option (where applicable)
- Annual Vacation Incentive (40-120 hours of additional pay) for Eligible Employees
- Paid Vacation Time
- Company-Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Excellent 401(k) Match
- Pension Plan
- Company-Paid Sick Leave and Long-Term Disability
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans; FSA and HSA options
- Company-Paid Life Insurance for Active Employees
- Healthy Rewards Program
- Service Awards Program
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Dependent Children Scholarships
- Reimbursement for Gym Membership
- Employee Discount Programs
- On-site Health Clinic
- On-site Cafeteria (select locations)
- On-site Credit Union and ATM (Corporate office only)
- On-site Fitness Center (select locations)
- Relocation Benefits are available for this position.
- Employer will not sponsor visas for position
Oversees all aspects of Asset Backed Trading within the Supply Chain. The ideal candidate will have Supply Chain experience from multiple refineries. Leads effort to develop optimal crude slate and production plan based on economic and operational constraints. Initiates and/or performs ad-hoc LP runs to evaluate re-optimization opportunities.
Leads effort to optimize overall production plan based on long/short opportunities and commercial inputs provided by various traders. Responsibilities also include normal Pilot roles: representing refinery issues and capabilities at the corporate office, coordinating inventory and economic opportunities with the refineries, and leading discussions to coordinate or solve conflicts associated with refinery operation.
- College Degree (Bachelors Level) in Chemical Engineering.
The minimum number of years of job-related experience required by this job is:
- 10 years.
List any specialized training or unique skills required:
- Knowledge of Refinery Processes.
- Experience with Unit Yields, Refinery Supply Chain, Economics, LP Tool, Planning Cycle, and Risk Analysis.
- Adv. Problem Solving—Root Cause Analysis.
- Adv. Economic Analysis.
- Facilitation-negotiation skills.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Lead daily efforts of utilizing optimization tools to look for opportunities to adjust refinery crude slates in response to system or market fluctuations.
- Optimize production plan based on long/short opportunities and commercial inputs provided by product and petrochemical traders.
- Advise on contingency action to be taken during crude/product supply disruptions (pipelines, refinery issues, etc).
- Assist Price Set Manager with the development and management of Priced Inventory model & baselines.
- Lead efforts associated with Crude & Supply Optimization Profit & Loss (includes maintaining tools necessary for calculating profit & loss, assisting with crude trading profit and loss calculations).
- Assist Pilots with monitoring, evaluating, and enhancing the performance of each CITGO refinery to maximize refinery contribution. Work with Refinery personnel to clarify adjustments.