|Hiring Organization||C.H. Robinson|
|Post Name||DATA ENGINEER|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IS, MIS, or another technology degree|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 47 To USD 54 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. With $28 billion in freight under management and 2.5X larger than the next largest North American freight broker, we are one of the world’s largest logistics platforms with our 100,00 customers and 85,000 contract carriers.
Our global suite of services accelerates trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. Our technology is built by and for supply chain experts to bring faster, more meaningful improvements to our customers’ businesses.
As a Data Engineer II on our Accept Reject team at C.H. Robinson, you will collaborate with our data science teams in upstream R&D projects, perform functional prototyping, and facilitate the transfer of successful prototypes to production.
You will apply principles and techniques of computer science and data engineering to build data management frameworks following designated standards and procedures. You will be joining a growing data science team and will have the unique opportunity to help shape the future.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future.
Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Collaborate with other data engineers to design data solutions of limited complexity that support business processes requiring little or no architectural changes to technology
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable data pipelines and datasets for analysis and consumption by analysts, services, and applications
- Collaborate with Architecture to design technology solutions for complex scenarios that may influence architectural implementations of technology and business processes, while taking into account performance and availability
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines to manage and deploy data pipelines
- Participate in the development of enterprise services to be used by multiple teams/applications
- 2+years of experience collaborating in a team environment shipping software development and high school diploma/GED
- Experience writing SQL
- Experience developing containerized data applications
- Experience working with a team, successfully delivering on a project
- Experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. PostgreSQL, MySql)
- Experience using languages such as SQL, Python, Scala, Java
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IS, MIS, or another technology degree
- Proficient at designing complex relational database schemas
- Understanding of basic source control systems (ex. GitHub)
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with workflow orchestration or DAG tools such as Airflow
- Experience developing and deploying applications on Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- A learning and growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers, and communities.
We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth, and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth, and Self
Your total well-being is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family, and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
- Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
- Prescription drug coverage
- Enhanced Fertility benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
- Dental and Vision
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid and floating holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community
- Charitable Giving Match Program
- 401(k) with 6% company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex.
For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul.
And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and the world.